Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Bloke That Created Fans United in 1997 - Wasnt he a Plymouth Fan?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Anyone know if he is coming on Tuesday?

Would be good to thank him as it's the last time we play them before The AMEX.

Maybe get him on the pitch for a cheesy round of applause? Just an idea like

brighton-fans-united-feb-1997-4.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Richard Vaughan.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Yes Brett, he was. Somewhere, I've got the full transcript of how it all started but it would take a month of Sundays to find it.

I think your idea of an introduction and a round of applause is excellent.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Good shout.

This guy, Richard Vaughan, was discussed on a thread which you yourself started last week:

This February weekend in 1997

So if Tuesday was too short notice, could an invite for the first Albion game at Falmer or one of the early fixtures next season be a sound gesture instead?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
His original post...

I see the scum FA have now taken 2 points who do they think they are they wouldn't do this to Man United. It makes me sick what is happening to your club and it's an insult to your fans. I'm a Plymouth fan and I think that one week when we're away I`m going to come up and support your protest. I think it would be a good idea if LOADS of fans from different clubs turned up at Brighton (with their shirts on) and joined in it would show that we're all behind you 100%
Richard Vaughan - ENGLAND - Wed, Dec 11, 1996 at 23:31:32

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Maybe ask on a Plymouth message board if anyone has any contact details for the bloke?

I've left a message on PASOTI-getting a fair number of views but no reply yet.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Richard Vaughan should definitely be one of the invited guests to The Amex opening day. Fans United helped keep us out of The Conference.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It would be good if football fans everywhere did something to help Plymouth. They're still in dire danger of liquidation before the end of the season.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
His original post...

I see the scum FA have now taken 2 points who do they think they are they wouldn't do this to Man United. It makes me sick what is happening to your club and it's an insult to your fans. I'm a Plymouth fan and I think that one week when we're away I`m going to come up and support your protest. I think it would be a good idea if LOADS of fans from different clubs turned up at Brighton (with their shirts on) and joined in it would show that we're all behind you 100%
Richard Vaughan - ENGLAND - Wed, Dec 11, 1996 at 23:31:32

Was that on here??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here