Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That bastard REF nearly stitched us up....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
BASTARD
Couldn't believe my PIES in the 2nd half. He awards a free kick against us 30 yards out for a nothing challenge by McShane. He then CALLS McShane over to him to "have a word". McShane dutifully goes over to listen to the refs pearls of wisdom. So having dragged our centre-back 20 yards out of position, the fucker then allows Wednesday to take the free kick WITHOUT blowing his whistle, so McShane is still going back to get back in position, oblivious to the fact that Wednesday are already storming down our inside-right channel.

Luckily for us, Peacock is largely useless and steered it wide from 6 yards. But if that had cost us a goal, I'd be needing a new TV right now.

Last edited:

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Totally agree. I was fuming with that. What an arrogant tosser.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
in all fairness though i would of sent Hammond off for that challenge when he was already on a booking.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
and what about the offside decisions, one early in the first half and one late on were both wrong

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Father Jack said:
in all fairness though i would of sent Hammond off for that challenge when he was already on a booking.

That's probably got more to do with the ref wanting to play-down his reputation for dishing out red cards, rather than anything else

The ref was a Tosser, IMHO

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Easy 10 said:
BASTARD
Couldn't believe my PIES in the 2nd half. He awards a free kick against us 30 yards out for a nothing challenge by McShane. He then CALLS McShane over to him to "have a word". McShane dutifully goes over to listen to the refs pearls of wisdom. So having dragged our centre-back 20 yards out of position, the fucker then allows Wednesday to take the free kick WITHOUT blowing his whistle, so McShane is still going back to get back in position, oblivious to the fact that Wednesday are already storming down our inside-right channel.

Luckily for us, Peacock is largely useless and steered it wide from 6 yards. But if that had cost us a goal, I'd be needing a new TV right now.

Yes Easy, I completely agree.....On Saturday the same happened in a mathc i was reffin, the exact same happened and I was hauled over the coals for it by my match assessor.:down:

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Father Jack said:

Father, the ref did well there, booked hammond, which was a little harsh in my book, and then for the second offence, just gave him a quiet word and told him enough was enough and next time he's off....rather than have a red card, why not play the situation down calm the player down, and keep both teams at 11 a piece.

He obviously could see that hammond was gettin very annoyed at bein 1 down, so he was right to TRY and calm him, and thankfully for dean it worked......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here