Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thankyou Mr Bloom!

D

Deleted member 18477

I would imagine he is.

We've got to see this as Tony Bloom sees it. Is it a loss or part of the strategy? Let's face it, he has a plan to get us into the premiership in the next 5 years. That is the aim.

One assumes he is going to execute that plan ruthlessly and that we will taste the premiership between now and 2017/18.

When that happens, it will trigger a significant amount of cash (£90m according to some points of reference). Let's say we make another £8m pound loss next year, and the year after, and the year after that - we're up to £32m in losses. It's still a fraction of the £90m available.

Mr Bloom clearly has the guts to go for it. He's not called the Lizard for nothing. I for one wouldn't bet against him.

spot on. its valued at about 90-100million due to TV money (50-60million for each club)+(parachute payments over 3 years of around 30-40million) if relegated. so obviously if you stay in the prem for 3 successive years you could pick up 150-180million!

+ more prize money for your position in the prem. think the winner is expected to get 100 million due to the new TV rights. so even a team that finishes 17th will get a few million.

+ more sponsorship money which you'll be able to negotiate a better deal if in the prem as millions more people will see the sponsorship name.

crazy money... its where EVERYONE needs to be financially.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
These are my concerns too, the fee wouldn't be as much a gamble for a lower end prem team as for us and they can offer significantly more in wages.

Is there actually any evidence that this will happen or are you just creating worries for yourself that don't exist? Chill.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
spot on. its valued at about 90-100million due to TV money (50-60million for each club)+(parachute payments over 3 years of around 30-40million) if relegated. so obviously if you stay in the prem for 3 successive years you could pick up 150-180million!

+ more prize money for your position in the prem. think the winner is expected to get 100 million due to the new TV rights. so even a team that finishes 17th will get a few million.

+ more sponsorship money which you'll be able to negotiate a better deal if in the prem as millions more people will see the sponsorship name.

crazy money... its where EVERYONE needs to be financially.

Nail on head. Having underwritten the 100 million + stadium project and now the 30 millions training ground he's hardly going to baulk at an 8 million loss. Obviously it would be better if the club was self-sufficient, but 8 million isn't huge when put alongside what he's already spent. In the programme Saturday it outlines the Financial Fair Play stuff and clubs are allowed to loose 8 millions this season and also next season, so we're completely within the rules anyway. Once promoted the club picks up 150 million even if we lose every week so it's not much of a gamble. Even if you do break the rules your only punishment is having to make a compensation payment to the other clubs once you've been promoted.

We are so so so amazingly lucky to have Bloomy Boy. Without him, the club were going to borrow the money to build the stadium. Just think of the corners they might have had to cut to ensure the debt was as small as possible but also... just think of the interest we'd be paying on that huge debt.

With him, we get an amazing stadium that is properly amazing, an absurdly ambitious training ground, expensive new players, and in return Bloom simply gets to convert his loans into more shares, even though he effectively fully owns the club anyway.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He hasn't signed, and I understand he's now interested in going to Birmingham.

Not necessarily Birmingham, but it would not surprise me that our interest was used to leverage the new Spanish passport, and now he has his hands on it we will see that he can take his pick, and the agent will ensure he goes to the highest bidder in terms of fee and wages, that wont be us.

These are my concerns too, the fee wouldn't be as much a gamble for a lower end prem team as for us and they can offer significantly more in wages.
That can't be the case.
Even taking into account the low life money grabbing scummy reputation of footballers, surely even that would be low.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here