Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks Mr Currie for making the season exciting

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh bloody hell , my favourite player but a large margin this season, Darren Currie has moved onto better things. Currie was just about the only player this season who has excited me and lifted the games from the very mediocre. He has a repetiore of skills not seen at the Albion for a few years.

I looked forward to his silky skills on a Saturday.

Whose going to excite me now ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I liked Darren he was my favourite player. Lifes so unfair.

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Good business. Bad news. Bang goes all hope of nicking games from corners and free-kicks which, let's face it, was just about our best chance in most matches :nono:

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
Currie was great, but we have to move on! we survived without Bobby, and we can survive without Currie.
Onwards and upwards!!
:clap:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd rather thank McGhee for finding a player who most of you thought was fat and useless a few months ago, turning him into one of our best players and selling him for silly money.

I trust McGhee to find alternatives that we'll all be raving about in a month's time.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
trueblue said:
Good business. Bad news. Bang goes all hope of nicking games from corners and free-kicks which, let's face it, was just about our best chance in most matches :nono:

We beat West Ham without him.

A cross from Chippy no less.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I'm gutted about this, his delivery from set-pieces was brilliant.

But, as has been said, it does represent a £250,000 profit on one player inside of 6 months, a player who was written off as a has-been by several people (including me to some extent).

The effect that it has on the team's performance remains to be seen, but I'm confident that we will still stay up.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Silent Bob said:
We beat West Ham without him.

A cross from Chippy no less.

Yes. But before Currie arrived, when was the last time you saw a dangerous Albion corner? You can just name the year if you like, rather than trying to think of a particular match!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he was class, sad to see him go after only 5 months

and the fact i had his name on my shirt:angry:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
All the best Darren, shame you HAD to go, you were a class above in our midfield.

I hope that some of your experience has rubbed off on Hammond and Carpenter.

Yoda

English & European
trueblue said:
Yes. But before Currie arrived, when was the last time you saw a dangerous Albion corner? You can just name the year if you like, rather than trying to think of a particular match!

Chesterfield away was the last time we scored from a corner before Currie arrived. :p

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
thankyou darren currie :clap:
woke up this morning to southern sound on the radio telling me darren currie was to be sold to ipswich which put me in a right royal mood.
but on reflection what a good piece of business 30 years old and cost nought and means the club is 1/4 of a million pounds better of than it was yesterday.
and having read many of the other threads and posts who knows what it will do to the footballing side but i know what it will do the financial side of things actually keep us about.
so off to work i went thinking who ever runs out for us saturday i will be there supporting them.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Great business, but I fear Currie will be sadly missed. For my money he has been the main man in the midfeild, and inspired the team.

Good luck Darren. I hope you don't score one against us!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here