Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks giving service.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Starry said:
Haven't you hear El Pres? We behaved ourselves, I know it's pretty unbelievable, but we did! A whole sixty seconds of silence from us.

You mean all the ladies managed it as well, bloody dodah:p

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
El Presidente said:
It's a disgrace, they are only whores so it does not matter what happens to them. Goes with the territory surely.

If they had been middle class girls with proper jobs it would be far more acceptable.

Why do I think that some people might misinterpret that El Pres ? You could get sent to Coventry.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Strangely I was supposed to be in Ipswich this week but now I'm in Southend .....

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Starry said:
It's not a disgrace and it sure is a tragedy and things but the Bishop leading a prayer service before kick off? That all has no business in football.

It isn't something I would have chosen to do, either, and I agree that sort of thing seems to be getting out of hand over there. However, someone must have thought it might serve a purpose and all that was needed from you was to just stay quiet for a short time and show some respect. I glad you did that there but I'm surprised by your intolerant attitude on here just because it wasn't your cup of tea.

Juan Albion

Leekbrookgull said:
Juan,no i would not go. Ok,yes it is shocking what is going on in Suffolf. However a minutes silence to me is out of place,what next flags at half mast ? :albion:

If you are talking about a thanksgiving service at the football match, you should have SAID SO. We're not psychic, you know. But I'm still a bit mystified as to why you would say thanksgiving service. Thanksgiving for what?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Why are you surprised that I think a prayer service on a football pitch five minutes before kick off is a ridiculous idea?

It is and it has no business in football, but it's happened now, we behaved ourselves for once and are looking forward to next weekend. That doesn't mean I can't say that it's a dumbarse idea to hold a prayer service on a football pitch though.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Starry said:
Why are you surprised that I think a prayer service on a football pitch five minutes before kick off is a ridiculous idea?

It is and it has no business in football, but it's happened now, we behaved ourselves for once and are looking forward to next weekend. That doesn't mean I can't say that it's a dumbarse idea to hold a prayer service on a football pitch though.

Actually this does raise an interesting point. It was a Christian service was it not ? That could raise issues with the PC brigade.

Actually the vast majority of ethic minorities couldn't give a toss about that or whether we say Christmas either.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Starry said:
Haven't you hear El Pres? We behaved ourselves, I know it's pretty unbelievable, but we did! A whole sixty seconds of silence from us.

I heard the silence on the radio, and the Leeds fans were commendable in their observation of the silence. What I don't understand is why you seem to resent it so much.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
bhaexpress said:
Why do I think that some people might misinterpret that El Pres ? You could get sent to Coventry.

Perhaps you could arrange a minute's flypast by the Luftwaffe if that is the case Frank.:wave:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
El Presidente said:
Perhaps you could arrange a minute's flypast by the Luftwaffe if that is the case Frank.:wave:

I think that 'joke' just bombed.

Juan Albion

Starry said:

Did I not say I agreed with you on that? I do. But as I said, you and I might not think it a good idea but not everything in this world is planned with you or I in mind. Sometimes we just have to put up with things with a little grace. What you put on here wasn't a criticism of the event, it was an intolerant tirade.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Juan Albion said:
Did I not say I agreed with you on that? I do. But as I said, you and I might not think it a good idea but not everything in this world is planned with you or I in mind. Sometimes we just have to put up with things with a little grace. What you put on here wasn't a criticism of the event, it was an intolerant tirade.

Looked more like an opinion to me but there again I am a mere mortal.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Questions said:
I think we should have a minutes silence for all the heroine addicts who have shot the super shit into their veins this year and died a lonely death in some squalid bedsit.

They have put us top of the drug deaths league.

say we are top of the league say we are top of the league.

:lolol:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Starry said:
What did they ever do for Ipswich FC? Sweet FA.
So going by that logic, half your current squad won't have a minutes silence or prayers said if they were murdered?

;) :lolol:

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
El Presidente said:
I heard the silence on the radio, and the Leeds fans were commendable in their observation of the silence. What I don't understand is why you seem to resent it so much.

I don't resent it! Just think prayers and silences like that have no business at football. It's ridiculous, but I am well aware Dianasiation type collective grief is the 'thing' at the moment, next week we'll be having one for Dennis Wise's dog.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Everest said:
So going by that logic, half your current squad won't have a minutes silence or prayers said if they were murdered?

;) :lolol:

The reply I want to type to that will get the self righteous brigade in a tizzy!

I'll leave it at us not missing them if they did happen to vanish ;)

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Juan Albion said:

Oh the world does revolve around me ;)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Starry said:
I don't resent it! Just think prayers and silences like that have no business at football. It's ridiculous, but I am well aware Dianasiation type collective grief is the 'thing' at the moment, next week we'll be having one for Dennis Wise's dog.

I think at Christmas everyone is more sensitive about their lost ones, you only have to compare the Tsunami appeal donations to those for the Pakistan earthquake to see that. Christmas is the one time of year when we should reflect on things that are more important than materialism, and as such a short prayer from a bishop is not unreasonable. I am an atheist and see no problem with it.

The minute's silence took place in Ipswich, rather than nationwide, and as such it is appropriate, proportionate, and local. The wailing about wifebeating, philandering alcoholic George Best nationally was far too OTT IMO, and don't get me started about Diana (although I still would, if she were not six feet under).

I am more worried about the welfare of Dennis Wise's taxi driver than his dog to be honest.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Starry said:
Ewww. Diana was never a yummy mummy, El Pres!

Utter filth in the sack though, according to a journalist mate of mine, who heard a few stories that they dare not print to avoid tarnishing her halo.

Di would be one to tell your mates about afterwards though, provided they are called Tarquin, work in the city, and like to dress in their mother's underwear when she is not around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here