Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks giving service.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Ok,many i suspect ??? maybe i am not alone? i am getting a bit fed-up over 'Ipswich murders hype ?' OK it is wrong,and i do feel sorrow for those innocent ones left behind to 'pick up the pieces' However a minutes silence,prayers. Whats next a thanks giving service ?
:albion:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: Thanks giving service.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
There was a church service on Friday night. No thanks, just prayers.

And quite rightly so what has happened is shocking and very sad.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Did you feel the same about hte 7/7 victims and those killed by Ian Huntley Leek?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
What i mean by sorrow is one of 'those women' had three kids. Sure they are all in care,however in this day and age of self pity,it is only a matter of time before someone suggests a thanks giving service !!! :albion:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Leekbrookgull said:
What i mean by sorrow is one of 'those women' had three kids. Sure they are all in care,however in this day and age of self pity,it is only a matter of time before someone suggests a thanks giving service !!! :albion:

So if they held a thanksgiving service, you would have to go, right? ???

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
they said bloody prayers at portman road today.
the bishop one the pitch preaching to us and telling us naughty leeds fans that we know how ipswich feels because we've been there.
yeah ok.

we never had no damn prayer service at a football ground.

ridiculous. certainly is a tradegy but he could have been in the ground with us lapping up the silence and planning to dump his next body on moday. they having another prayer service on the picth next week.

gonna be bloody silent at ipswich for a while yet maybe.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Starry said:
certainly is a tradegy but he could have been in the ground with us lapping up the silence and planning to dump his next body on moday. they having another prayer service on the picth next week.

gonna be bloody silent at ipswich for a while yet maybe.

was thinking exactly that on the way home listneing to 5 live

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Juan,no i would not go. Ok,yes it is shocking what is going on in Suffolf. However a minutes silence to me is out of place,what next flags at half mast ? :albion:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Starry said:
They had flags at half mast yesterday Leekbrook.

It's a disgrace, they are only whores so it does not matter what happens to them. Goes with the territory surely.

If they had been middle class girls with proper jobs it would be far more acceptable.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
What did they ever do for Ipswich FC? Sweet FA.

It's not a disgrace and it sure is a tragedy and things but the Bishop leading a prayer service before kick off? That all has no business in football. Flags at half mast? What about the soldiers being killed? The kids hit and killed by a car? My goldfish - RIP Peach?

Though the police force did have a sense of humour over it all yesterday and while I wouldn't chant anything nasty they did take the less the savoury chants on the nose.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Don't you think Ipswich Town FC is an important part of the community in Suffolk, Starry? I think the Bishop chose quite a good place to reflect on some of the horrible things that have been happening in one particular community, that's all.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think we should have a minutes silence for all the heroine addicts who have shot the super shit into their veins this year and died a lonely death in some squalid bedsit.

They have put us top of the drug deaths league.

say we are top of the league say we are top of the league.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Don't you think Ipswich Town FC is an important part of the community in Suffolk, Starry? I think the Bishop chose quite a good place to reflect on some of the horrible things that have been happening in one particular community, that's all.

Not really, I don't think a prayer service on a football pitch like yesterday has any business in football. I don't think minutes silences like that have any place either.

I also think this is very premature. He is is still walking the streets, going to be a lot of prayer services and silence at Portman Road if (and of course I hope he doesn't) he carries on killing.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Starry said:
Not really, I don't think a prayer service on a football pitch like yesterday has any business in football. I don't think minutes silences like that have any place either.

I also think this is very premature. He is is still walking the streets, going to be a lot of prayer services and silence at Portman Road if (and of course I hope he doesn't) he carries on killing.

I love a good serial killer.
He needs to knock off a couple more before xmas though to keep things bubbling along.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

well it is right in the centre of the red light district. Perhaps the club officials felt in necessary as people from the club proberly knew the girls!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Starry said:

I hope the minutes silence did not interrupt your Munich '58 chants.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Haven't you hear El Pres? We behaved ourselves, I know it's pretty unbelievable, but we did! A whole sixty seconds of silence from us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here