Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks from the Green Army

swissboy76

Aug 21, 2011
Almost Dead and buried

As a northstander living in Plymouth, indeed within shouting distance of Home Park, it's striking how much of a hole Argyle are in at the moment and similar it is to the Goldstone sell out.
This week, the proposal to save Argyle is for an Offshore Property company to buy the club including the ground consolidate the assets and sell the Club - not the ground back to Peter Risdale(!) for £1.

Seems like the developers and arseholes win again.. I do feel sorry for our green brethren..

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I went along last Tuesday while down that way on Holiday. The atmosphere was weird. It was as if they are resigned to the fact that they have no option other than to stick with the curent set up, if you get my drift. I was expecting a bit of the old 'sack the board' 'Risdale Out' chanting but nothing. I know from reading the PASOTI that there are a few fans that won't go to the games as it is handing money to Risdale but that surely isn't the way forward? With the nice (albeit on 3 sides) ground and the ease of access you can really see potential and they must be making a profit on a game by game basis so where is it all going?
Is it really a case of better the devil you know?

explymouthnige

explymouthnige
Jul 5, 2009
Upper Beeding
Lived and worked in Plymouth for 18 years - so have a massive soft spot for Argyle - I also lived near the ground - still own a flat down there - Fans United get it organised!! I'll be there like a shot!

swissboy76

Aug 21, 2011
The atmosphere is weird because no-one really knows what is going on, Risdale is officially an administrator at the moment, and technically holds no interest in the club. The club has been running on the goodwill of the staff and players who are owed over £250k in wages. It seems a world away from the club who won the 1st division in 2008.
Fans Utd action would be welcome i'm sure, but it seems like the club are either going to be sold down the line or liquidated in the next couple of weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here