Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks for beating Swindon

BCFC Says No to Falmer

Parish Council NIMBYs
May 21, 2004
Bristol
fatbadger said:
Oh dear. I've always been suspicious of anybody who claims to be a football fan, but knows nothing about the national game. He doesn't know about probably the worst piece of (discovered) cheating in recent English football history, and he doesn't know about probably the worst example of money-men asset-stripping a club.

Myopic fans - does anybody have any interest in what they have to say?

What type of mug is that bothered by the internal goings on of Brighton and Chesterfield - The chesterfield cheating was in Div 3 was it not - Why would I take a great interest?

As for your asset stripping, I couldn't care less at the time to be honest, never listened about it on the radio so wouldn't really know.

I see a link, a few years ago you lot constantly whined about that, and now you constantly whine about Falmer

See? Myopic.

These aren't internal issues. These were major footballing issues which have an impact on every team in the game.

This is a board for football fans. Please f*** off to another board, where you will be more at home.

Last edited:

BCFC Says No to Falmer

Parish Council NIMBYs
May 21, 2004
Bristol
Anyway I'm not a "Football supporter" That sounds like one of those sad muppets that get overexcited when they see a player walk down the street, or the type that'll try and learn everything there is to know about whats going on at every club in the........Oh hang on I think you get the picture (If not, look in the mirror)

I support Bristol City and my country - Everything else in Football? Couldn't care less

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I believe he said "how the rest of the world" will perceive things. A common view is that we did this to ourselves. However, I don't understand why HE is against our new stadium. I am behind ANY club that wants to better itself. Even Palarse. If Bristol wants a new stadium (although their current one is pretty good) then we are behind you. Do you have any peitions you need signing etc?

What is the point of supporting a club when all the other clubs are going out of business. I'm a football fan not just a Brighton fan.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
BCFC Says No to Falmer said:
What type of mug is that bothered by the internal goings on of Brighton and Chesterfield - The chesterfield cheating was in Div 3 was it not - Why would I take a great interest?

If it is of no great interest to you, why did you ask the question in the first place?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Anyway I'm not a "Football supporter" That sounds like one of those sad muppets that get overexcited when they see a player walk down the street, or the type that'll try and learn everything there is to know about whats going on at every club in the........Oh hang on I think you get the picture (If not, look in the mirror)

I support Bristol City and my country - Everything else in Football? Couldn't care less

Take away all the other clubs and what would be the point of supporting Bristol City?

Would you like to see Rovers go out of business?

BCFC Says No to Falmer

Parish Council NIMBYs
May 21, 2004
Bristol
fatbadger said:

These aren't internal issues. These were major footballing issues which have an impact on every team in the game.

Oh aye you fat northern monkey, so tell me exactly how it affected Bristol City football club?

f*** me you talk alot of bollocks, typicle small club supporter :wave:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As far as I understand it, following the Archer/ Sale of the Goldstone fiasco, It affected Bristol City by the FA making it FA rules that no club owner could benefit from the sale of a clubs assets personally.

Therefore suggesting that if your chairman, who owned a significant proportion of the shares, could not benefit directly from selling Ashton gate to a property developer for say 7 million pounds who would then sell it on to another property developer a week later for say £22m pounds and not put one penny of the extra money into your club.

I think if this situation was to happen at BCFC then you would be as angry as we were.

BCFC Says No to Falmer

Parish Council NIMBYs
May 21, 2004
Bristol
dave the gaffer said:
As far as I understand it, following the Archer/ Sale of the Goldstone fiasco, It affected Bristol City by the FA making it FA rules that no club owner could benefit from the sale of a clubs assets personally.

Therefore suggesting that if your chairman, who owned a significant proportion of the shares, could not benefit directly from selling Ashton gate to a property developer for say 7 million pounds who would then sell it on to another property developer a week later for say £22m pounds and not put one penny of the extra money into your club.

I think if this situation was to happen at BCFC then you would be as angry as we were.

Yeah but if he did it through a holding company? Anyways that's not the point.

In 1982 we went out of business, Rovers were looking toward Ashton rubbing their pikey little hands but we were saved by players ripping up their contracts - In contrast when you were bankrupt directors in essence sold the one thing that was sure to make you cash in the long term.

Why can't you redevelope the Withdean?

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Oh aye you fat northern monkey, so tell me exactly how it affected Bristol City football club?

f*** me you talk alot of bollocks, typicle small club supporter :wave:

just ignore this prick. I don't think we have to justify ourselves to him.

TomF

May 21, 2004
Portishead, Bristol
maffew said:
'BCFC Says No to Falmer' is a little presumptious, are you speaking for the whole of your fan base cos I know a Bristol City fan who wrote to prescott and is 100% behing the scheme

I'm behind you and hope you succeed, i think you are seriously well organised on the campain front more than a bunch of moaners.

I only wish our club could have adopted the same approach when we looked at moving to Hengrove a few years ago.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Yeah but if he did it through a holding company? Anyways that's not the point.

In 1982 we went out of business, Rovers were looking toward Ashton rubbing their pikey little hands but we were saved by players ripping up their contracts - In contrast when you were bankrupt directors in essence sold the one thing that was sure to make you cash in the long term.

Do you call it The Ashton Gate? No. It's Withdean. NOT The Withdean. You obviously haven't been there.

It is surrounded by housing, and woodland (which is porotected). Under the conditions that we are allowed to play there at all is the fact that it is temporary. The local residents would never let us redevelop it. Even if we did the max capacity would only be about 15,000. Falmer affects far fewer people than Withdean. Withdean also has appaulling road links. Falmer has a dual carrage way and a station running right next the the ground.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage

We dont own the site, and were only ever allowed to play there on the basis that we do not move there permanently. Before we moved to Withdean, there werent even any seats - these were put up by the club, and are taken away every close-season to be used at the British Open.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
In contrast when you were bankrupt directors in essence sold the one thing that was sure to make you cash in the long term.

When were we made bankrupt?

BCFC Says No to Falmer

Parish Council NIMBYs
May 21, 2004
Bristol
Lammy said:
Do you call it The Ashton Gate? No. It's Withdean. NOT The Withdean. You obviously haven't been there.

With your ticket prices certainly not! Done all the travelling for little grounds I fancy now. I just hope we go up so there's better places to go.

So is Falmer the only reliable place to build a ground?

IS your local council dominated by only one party? Has anyone spoken to the other parties regarding their posistion on a stadium for Brighton. Surely with the amount of signatures on certain petitions the power is there to go a long way to voting in a new council.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
With your ticket prices certainly not! Done all the travelling for little grounds I fancy now. I just hope we go up so there's better places to go.

So is Falmer the only reliable place to build a ground?

IS your local council dominated by only one party? Has anyone spoken to the other parties regarding their posistion on a stadium for Brighton. Surely with the amount of signatures on certain petitions the power is there to go a long way to voting in a new council.

Falmer is the ONLY viable site in Brighton. (And that's on the outskirts)

The council is behind the ground. They voted 11-1 in favour.

The process is being held up by a load of NIMBY's that seem to forget that the area is not that beautiful anymore as it has TWO universitys there and ruddy great dual carrageway splitting the village in two!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Also the reason our ticket prices are so damn expensive is because we are at Withdean, another reason for you to support our move. We would become a more affordable away day for you.

You would also be able to watch football in the dry and actually create a bit of atmosphere!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here