Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank you Paul McShane

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Tragic loss to the Albion, but a big thank you to Paul, not just for the goal that beat Palace, but also for giving 100% effort to the cause and the club we love. You may be gone but will not be forgotten by those of us priveleged to see you play.

Last edited:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Who is going to put into a collection for someone that earns about 3/4 times more than them!

As much as I like the player and would love to have him at the club, I would rather give my money to the club (which I do).

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
gvce26 said:
Who is going to put into a collection for someone that earns about 3/4 times more than them!

As much as I like the player and would love to have him at the club, I would rather give my money to the club (which I do).

I agree. This is BIZARRE.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Why not give your money to the forty note fund instead?Seems silly to give money to another clubs player.At the end of the day Mcshane was paid to do a job.He did that bloody well.Now it's time to think about McGhee and our squad

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Err players earn a bloody fortune at present - best give the money to the club if you feel so inclined.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Personaly I feel a thread of thanks will be more then enough. I also think he will appreciate it more.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I think this has been mentioned before, but couldn't the 40 notes fund be used towards purchasing him or contributing towards his wages? From what I've seen of him, a 400 notes fund would be a mere drop in the proverbial ocean. A true Brighton legend. It was a privilege to watch him.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
El Presidente said:
Fair enough, at least no one is calling him a twat............yet

Paul McShane, what a twat - fancy going and doing something stupid like rupturing ankle ligaments .... :nono:

Seriously, I liked his style of bringing the ball down and looking to feed into midfield feet. Much better than the Cullip one-touch hoof back up field or into row Z. We WILL miss him!

1066gull

Trust me. Don't go to Coppell, he will play Mayo ahead of you:lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
El Presidente said:
Tragic loss to the Albion, but a big thank you to Paul, not just for the goal that beat Palace, but also for giving 100% effort to the cause and the club we love. You may be gone but will not be forgotten by those of us priveleged to see you play.

I think NSC should show it's appreciation by getting something as a thankyou.

I will kick off the kitty with £50

I will start thte kitty for

Could all just contribute to & print off an official Paul McShane appreciation thread along the lines of the Adam Virgo one. OK, he's not been here as long as AV, but his commitmment to the cause has never been less than 100% and he is deffo albion's Player Of The Half Season.

Just seems wrong that such a player should just sort of shuffle off without being made aware of the high reghard he's been held in.

Paul McShane :bowdown:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thanks Paul :wave: come back soon. Wishful thinking ok on this thread?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Icy Gull said:
Thanks Paul :wave: come back soon. Wishful thinking ok on this thread?

I would say exactly the same.

Thanks Paul. I thought the wording on the official site said it all, heartbroken and devastated. I know an injury knocks a player for six but I got the impression it was more than just another team to him.

Is it true he's out of contract in the summer?
Wishful thinking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here