Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thank you (Charlton Fan)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
To those who went to the game today, thank you so much for your support on our campaign to get Roland out of our club.

I hope you go up this season so you can smash the Palace.

Anyway, we still hate Palace more than you :thumbsup:

Thanks. Really hope you get new owners and can push for promotion next season. Good luck!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Echo the OP's sentiments. I was planning to travel up for the protest march today (although not the game as, like many, I'm boycotting home matches under this regime) but unfortunately couldn't in the end. Followed the march via social media and the game on Kodi. From what I've seen/heard, Albion fans went well and above the general 'fans united' call of duty in their support of our protests. A good 50% of post game Tweets with the #cafc hashtag after the game were home fans thanking Albion supporters and rightly so.

I can appreciate those above who have criticisms too. FWIW: The issue of the subsidised coaches I have responded to on here many times on over the years. Quick summary: they actually started up in the mid 80s and still run even now to Charlton home games from Brighton, Worthing, Hastings, etc. Running such a service isn't a crime, but the aggressive promotion of it in Sussex during the Withdean Years was clearly out of order. Many Brighton-based Addicks including myself criticised the club for it at the time - what more could we as fans do?

I also appreciate that many fans of other clubs don't understand what we are protesting about as it isn't as clear cut as Archer or Oyston. A quick summary would be: Mad Belgian billionaire buys club as part of a social experiment, hires non-football people to run it, forces out all the experienced staff - no chief scout, director of football, comms manager, etc - and buys, sells and loans in/out players via his mates largely without involving the head coach (whoever that might be at the time - six in two years, some with no experience bar Belgian non-league). Said players are largely castoffs/surplus from the other clubs he owns. One former manager (Chris Powell) has gone on record that on more than one occasion a player he had never heard of turned up at the training ground bearing a note from Roland Duchatelet saying that Chris had to start him in every game! Add in our CEO telling reporters that "football fans are weird for thinking the club somehow belongs to them" and "most Charlton fans are over 60, why the hell should I listen to them?" Throw in the 3rd lowest wage bill in the Championship despite an owner of similar wealth to Tony Bloom. Etc, etc...

Anyway, enough ranting at the few critics. Again many thanks to the vast majority of Seagulls for their great support today and best of luck for automatic promotion. Hopefully you can get the two wins and not have to potentially rely on our (usually much worse than today) squad getting something against Burnley.

PS Charlton players have been told to be on call until (ie not book any holiday before) May 13th. Apparently the new Football League rule (introduced for this season after the abandonment of Blackpool v Huddersfield on the last day last season) is that if our game v Burnley *is* abandoned, it will have to be replayed behind closed doors within six days. It probably won't come to that, but it seems that's the rule (rather than the result standing or automatic 3-0 win to opponents) now. Several Charlton fans were told this by senior players at shirt sponsors dinner this week. FWIW.

My point stands. You are not being asset stripped you feel you have this god given right. Boo ****ing hoo.

And as for coaches. Well I know we bus people in from hampshire and kent and it is well advertised WITHIN the brighton community - website - programmes etc

WHAT WE DONT ****ING DO WHICH YOUR LOT DID WAS ADVERTISE AT BRIGHTON STATION FREE TRAVEL TO PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHES AT THE VALLEY WHEN WE WERE AT GILLINGHAM.

Also YOU did the same at Gillingham, YOU handed out flyers in Worthing. YOU and YOUR club went beyond the ****ing pale. Even Palace never ever stooped so low.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Do we advertise this on billboards outside stations in the town/city of clubs who are on their knees?

If the answer is yes then I'll retract everything, if no then you really are missing the point.

Nailed on mate.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
My point stands. You are not being asset stripped you feel you have this god given right. Boo ****ing hoo.

And as for coaches. Well I know we bus people in from hampshire and kent and it is well advertised WITHIN the brighton community - website - programmes etc

WHAT WE DONT ****ING DO WHICH YOUR LOT DID WAS ADVERTISE AT BRIGHTON STATION FREE TRAVEL TO PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHES AT THE VALLEY WHEN WE WERE AT GILLINGHAM.

Also YOU did the same at Gillingham, YOU handed out flyers in Worthing. YOU and YOUR club went beyond the ****ing pale. Even Palace never ever stooped so low.

To any Charlton fan, this is the view of a very small minority of Brighton fans. Why they need to ruin a thread thanking us for our support yesterday with posts like this is beyond me.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton

You really are a tit. Its the supporters we were backing and keep mouthing off about what the club did.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You really are a tit. Its the supporters we were backing and keep mouthing off about what the club did.

The same couple of posters have basically posted the same thing on every Charlton thread. Just making sure everyone hears their message - repeatedly. Hopefully most Charlton fans reading this will still have our support ringing in their ears, not the miserable postings of some grumpy misers living in the past.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
To any Charlton fan, this is the view of a very small minority of Brighton fans. Why they need to ruin a thread thanking us for our support yesterday with posts like this is beyond me.

I think they are well aware of this and have tried to address the points raised by the tiny minority as have others. Yesterday was a great day on and off the pitch, a few contrary look at me posts while annoying doesn't detract from that.

You are aware that some of their FANS were handing out flyers advertising the free coaches to watch Premiere league football too aren't you?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Backing what? THEY ARE NOT BEING ASSET STRIPPED ITS NOTHING REMOTELY LIKE WHAT WE WENT THRU.

Its akin to us protesting against bloom and barber because he kept sami in charge and didnt spend spend spend and wants to live within their means. Get a grip.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You are aware that some of their FANS were handing out flyers advertising the free coaches to watch Premiere league football too aren't you?

Hillian1, you and Tony are entitled to your opinions, but really, do you have to regurgitate it on every Charlton thread? You've made your points all week in the build up to yesterday, this is a thread to say thanks to us. We rose above any wrongdoings of the past and showed solidarity with fellow supporters.

No one has said they had it worse than us, but perhaps history tells us not to wait until it gets that far.

Hillian1, you and Tony are entitled to your opinions, but really, do you have to regurgitate it on every Charlton thread? You've made your points all week in the build up to yesterday, this is a thread to say thanks to us. We rose above any wrongdoings of the past and showed solidarity with fellow supporters.

No one has said they had it worse than us, but perhaps history tells us not to wait until it gets that far.

It is something I feel very strongly about.

To clarify, I WOULD NOT want Charlton to go out of business but their current predicament is not anything close to that.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The subject just been brought up on Sky sports re yesterday and protests. Kamara addressed it well and Charlton fans have been asked to phone in.....get on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here