Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank you Andrew Whing

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
I may be putting the cat amongst the pidgeon's here but .......I think Whing is an excellant defender and is easily one of our best with his no-nonsense approach. But and this is the but, i feel the league has improved over the last couple of season's with the so called 'bigger boy's' coming down. You are needing more and more players with pace and skill. The teams in the top half, most of them have wing-backs, forwards who can outpace and out think Whing, most of time. If he does go he can hold his head up high , and will also be welcome in these neck of the woods.

These are only my thoughts of coarse

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
I may be putting the cat amongst the pidgeon's here but .......I think Whing is an excellant defender and is easily one of our best with his no-nonsense approach. But and this is the but, i feel the league has improved over the last couple of season's with the so called 'bigger boy's' coming down. You are needing more and more players with pace and skill. The teams in the top half, most of them have wing-backs, forwards who can outpace and out think Whing, most of time. If he does go he can hold his head up high , and will also be welcome in these neck of the woods.

These are only my thoughts of coarse

Totally agree.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hoyte may have potential but it certainly is NOT being realised now...

What we need NOW is experienced heads at the back who can DEFEND... Whing fits the bill; Hoyte most certainly does NOT...

If Whing goes it will be a BIG mistake, IMHO...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not a suprise really as he is now behind Hoyte, El Abd, probably Calderon in the order of starting. He is 100% committed but sadly lacking in ability as he has proved with the vast number of goals scored by our opponents left wingers when he played right back. Should never have been Player of The Season except that the rest were so bad.

If the story is true I would say thank you for what you did when you came here as competant full back from Coventry sorry your standards have dropped and hope you get fixed up with a div 2side.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Should never have been Player of The Season except that the rest were so bad.

I've lost count of the amount of times that you've said that. Just because you thought otherwise, it's no reason to alter the democratic process of the system.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm wondering if his dithering over signing a new contract before the start of the season has had any effect over his recent non appearances? Of course Gus wasn't here then but Bloom was and Whings commitment might have been questioned? Just something to throw into the mix. I like Whing but Gus calls the shots.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Should never have been Player of The Season except that the rest were so bad.

Rubbish. Put the rest of those gutless wonders to shame. WELL deserved award. If we had a player of Whing's level of commitment filling even half the positions inthe side we'd be nailed on for the play-offs.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I'm wondering if his dithering over signing a new contract before the start of the season has had any effect over his recent non appearances? Of course Gus wasn't here then but Bloom was and Whings commitment might have been questioned? Just something to throw into the mix. I like Whing but Gus calls the shots.

I doubt it - he may just have been injured at the worng time. As this thread is speculation, he may still be set for a recall, but my guess is that if GP wants 15 or so out then he may be one of them

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Yes he's given his all for the club and is a committed pro, but this season he really hasn't been any good at all. It's as if he's had all his confidence taken away from him. If Gus doesn't think he's good enough then I'm afraid it's bye bye time. Commitment is no substitute for ability. A shame but necessary.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've lost count of the amount of times that you've said that. Just because you thought otherwise, it's no reason to alter the democratic process of the system.

People were sucked in to vote for him by his commitment and last ditch tackles which most of were caused by him in the first place. When he came here was like a shining beacon and was a good full back sadly he has dropped off, I dont know the reason why this has happened but it certainly shows now, and I think that he will now be looking at Div 2 as being his level.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I would be gutted if Whingy left. He is the best right back at the club and should be playing. Sadly he came back too soon from injury and played crap in 2 games and Poyet hasn't given him the run he needs which is a shame as Hoyte is so SHITE.

Hopefully this Spanish chap will be good but would still rather have Whing in the side.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not a suprise really as he is now behind Hoyte, El Abd, probably Calderon in the order of starting. He is 100% committed but sadly lacking in ability as he has proved with the vast number of goals scored by our opponents left wingers when he played right back. Should never have been Player of The Season except that the rest were so bad.

If the story is true I would say thank you for what you did when you came here as competant full back from Coventry sorry your standards have dropped and hope you get fixed up with a div 2side.

As usual, you display a complete lack of appreciation of a player who is better than Hoyte and better than El-Abd...

Also, you seem to be almost creaming yourself over an unsubstantiated rumour on NSC... let's hope it is just bollox...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Max Branning can't possibly leave us besides what will Tanya say about this....

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Whing is the worst thing I've ever seen... and not just in football.

Anybody who's played the game, at any level, could tell he was 100% substance over style and (sadly) in these flair times... that aint gonna cut it.

Poyet wants a passing team, not an effort/ability = relegation equation.

You do the math.

Kosh

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Always give 110% but tbh hasnt been great for us this season and i would rather see someone more comfortable on the ball..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here