Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thameslink

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Just a quick question. I have been trying for ages (via rail ticket websites) to get a through tiicket from Brighton to Thameslink Kings Cross. However, I keep getting told that rail tickets are only available to London Victoria or London Bridge. Are any trains running from London Bridge to London Kings Cross tomorrow?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That question could have been a lot quicker. You could've just said:

"Are any trains running from London Bridge to London Kings Cross tomorrow ?"

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
or, "Has Thameslink mysteriously ceased to exist, or closed down for engineering works?"

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just a quick question. I have been trying for ages (via rail ticket websites) to get a through tiicket from Brighton to Thameslink Kings Cross. However, I keep getting told that rail tickets are only available to London Victoria or London Bridge. Are any trains running from London Bridge to London Kings Cross tomorrow?

Kings Cross Thameslink closed a while ago. You get off at St Pancras now. However, from National Rail...

Start date 23/08/2008
End date 25/08/2008

Route Affected
Bedford, Luton, Kentish Town, London St Pancras, London Blackfriars, Sutton & Wimbledon and London Blackfriars, Demark Hill, Shortlands, Bromley South and Sevenoaks

TOC(s) Affected First Capital Connect, Southeastern

First Capital Connect

Saturday to Monday
Services will run every 15 minutes between Bedford and London St Pancras. Customers should use London Underground or London bus services to cross central London. Replacement buses will run between London St Pancras and London Bridge outside London Underground operating hours.

Saturday and Monday only - Buses replace trains all day between London Blackfriars and Herne Hill.

Sunday only - Buses replace trains all day between London Blackfriars and Tulse Hill.

Southeastern
Services between London Blackfriars and Sevenoaks are diverted to start and terminate at London Victoria. Buses will run between Denmark Hill and Herne Hill.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Did you know you can buy those Thameslink tickets off a B&H bus? They are all part of the same company and for £12.00 (maybe £12.50 now) your ticket will cover your B&H bus fare and train as far as Bedford.

Qyite a good offer, i think. I was once in a long queue at brighton Station for a Luton match and saved time by going outside & buying the ticket from a bus. Worked out cheaper too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thanks Large One.

Get out of the bed the wrong way did you Easy 10 and Gully.

Not at all old boy. I sat up, turned to my left, yawned, had a stretch, had a scratch, then tottered to the bathroom for a satisfying dump. Perfect start to the day.
I wasn't in bed with Gully, so I dunno how his day started.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Did you know you can buy those Thameslink tickets off a B&H bus? They are all part of the same company and for £12.00 (maybe £12.50 now) your ticket will cover your B&H bus fare and train as far as Bedford.

Qyite a good offer, i think. I was once in a long queue at brighton Station for a Luton match and saved time by going outside & buying the ticket from a bus. Worked out cheaper too.

not the same company anymore

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Thanks Large One.

Get out of the bed the wrong way did you Easy 10 and Gully.

....I thought that was a fairly reasonable question...and just to confirm I wasn't sharing a bed with Easy last night (or ever come to think of it)...my day started off nicely as I am off work today, leisurely breakfast then into Chelts for a spot of retail therapy, just about to have some lunch then think about cleaning the car or watching the Olympics on the box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here