Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thai food

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Nasi Goreng is my favourite (a combination of rice cooked in soy sauce, chicken, prawns and vegetables). In fact, I may have to make my customary visit to the Suchard Restaurant on Tooley Street before the Seagulls over London AGM on Tuesday. That's if I can get anywhere near the place.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Another shout for Pad Thai - a gentle and very tasty introduction as you said you were new to it. Love Thai food - barely eat Chinese anymore which used to be my favourite.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Nasi Goreng is my favourite...

Technically speaking, Nasi Goreng is Indonesian not Thai. ;-)

Like others, I'd start with Tom Yum soup and a green curry.

Pad Thai, while great and a staple of Thai food, might not seem that different to a normal noodle dish.

I'd also try a green papaya salad as something quite unique to the cuisine.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
i am a massive fan of Thai food, i can agree with everything that has been stated here before.

i personally like the southern Thai food, which tends to be spicier than the northern dishes.

My Favourites are the Massaman chicken (Muslim Chicken), Thai Green curry of which can be various strengths, so ask for it mild if you like it that way, but my ultimate dish is Kuay Tiew (Noodle Soup), this can be with different meats, and i honestly believe that once you have tried one, you will not stop until you have tried them all.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Penang curry. Ruined Thai find for me because everytime it's on the menu I can't see past it and I end up having it every time. So delicious. :D

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Thanks for the recommendations :thumbsup:
Nice and fresh and fairly heathly for a takeaway.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here