Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Texas man kills pervert abusing his daughter.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have no concern for the guy who died, but would you seriously feel comfortable beating him to DEATH in front of your 4 year old daughter?

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
f***ing A

I would have no problem killing a man if I found out he abused my son, I understand that in heat of the moment, your not exactly gonna drag him into another room to beat him to death

Still, this poor young girl is gonna be very messed up

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
???Hope there were other witnesses, otherwise people will start beating people to death and claiming they were abusing a child... having said that, what father wouldnt do the same if you found your child being abused....but hopefully there are some independant witnesses, as the report doesnt seem to make that point.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Hope there were other witnesses, otherwise people will start beating people to death and claiming they were abusing a child... having said that, what father wouldnt do the same if you found your child being abused....but hopefully there are some independant witnesses.

Or the medical tests that were carried out on the daughter? It does depend on what the assault was though.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I have no concern for the guy who died, but would you seriously feel comfortable beating him to DEATH in front of your 4 year old daughter?

I would imagine it's all done in the sort of blind rage that I hope none of us ever find ourselves in.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
So the poor girl is getting molested and then witnesses the molester get viciously beaten to death. There's no winners and there's nothing 'good' about this.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The video is interesting. I find it astonishing that the sheriff hasn't attempted to press charges on the attacker. We can all understand why the father did it (we'd probably all try and do the same in the heat of the moment), but this doesn't make it right. Or does it? I'd have thought you let the law decide because surely this opens the door to vigilante law?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The video is interesting. I find it astonishing that the sheriff hasn't attempted to press charges on the attacker. We can all understand why the father did it (we'd probably all try and do the same in the heat of the moment), but this doesn't make it right. Or does it? I'd have thought you let the law decide because surely this opens the door to vigilante law?
Perhaps he's showing the sort of common sense that is all too often lacking from our legal system/judiciary.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Perhaps he's showing the sort of common sense that is all too often lacking from our legal system/judiciary.
And here's the debate.

How is that showing common sense? I'm not saying the attacker deserves to be put away for life, but for me, it isn't for the Sheriff to make that call - it is for a JURY.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
This is my point about witnesses...we would probably all do the same, but if there are no witnesses, and if the medical on the daughter doesnt show anything undtoward, then he could have beaten him to death for something entirely different...
Im sort of hoping we are not getting the whole story.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And here's the debate.

How is that showing common sense? I'm not saying the attacker deserves to be put away for life, but for me, it isn't for the Sheriff to make that call - it is for a JURY.

I really don't personally need to know the horrible details of what the alleged abuser did, but if I were put in a position of having to judge the father, then this would be the over-riding factor.

Whatever manner of abuse was involved, the abuser clearly needs punishing / locking up / keeping away from kids, etc, but 'abuse' covers a huge range of actions. I wouldn't suggest that for example, stroking her LEG should be punishable by instant beating to death. At the other end of the scale however, there are things that if witnessed, would drive pretty much ANY parent into an uncontrollable and fully justifiable rage.

Nowhere near enough knowledge for anyone here to pass sensible judgement.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
And here's the debate.

Of course it isnt , juries decide guilt on what someone is charged with, the sheriff was there in the immediate aftermath, he was presented with the facts and decided there was no case to answer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
, the sheriff was there in the immediate aftermath, he was presented with the facts and decided there was no case to answer.

Have you actually read the link? the sheriff hasn't said that at all. Nothing like.

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I really don't personally need to know the horrible details of what the alleged abuser did, but if I were put in a position of having to judge the father, then this would be the over-riding factor.

Whatever manner of abuse was involved, the abuser clearly needs punishing / locking up / keeping away from kids, etc, but 'abuse' covers a huge range of actions. I wouldn't suggest that for example, stroking her LEG should be punishable by instant beating to death. At the other end of the scale however, there are things that if witnessed, would drive pretty much ANY parent into an uncontrollable and fully justifiable rage.

Nowhere near enough knowledge for anyone here to pass sensible judgement.
I'm pretty sure that it wouldnt necessitate the girl making a visit to hospital either.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Well, Bushy, hang on...
Who presented the 'facts'?...
Im seriously hoping they left some of the details out of the report to spare peoples sensibilities, but if people are not charged for beating somebody to death because they said it was because the man was abusing the daughter...if there are no witnesses, and if the medical shows no evidence, thats a dangerous road to go down isnt it? Ive no doubt that I would kill anybody that abused my daughter, but ... like I said...I hope they are leaving details out of the report on purpose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here