Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Test team for Perth

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Following the final warm up game, who would you pick for the game in Perth?

My 11 to play are;

Strauss
Cook
Bell
Collingwood
Pieterson
Flintoff
Read
Mahmood
Hoggard
Harmison
Panesar

The only one that I think might be harsh is Mahmood for Anderson, as by all accounts Anderson bowled well in this game, but I think we need to take risks and be really aggressive to win the game.

Read scored a 50 and Jones was out first ball, but no doubt Jones will still play, which is quite frankly beyond me.

I'm pretty sure even Fletcher doen't have thick enough skin to play Giles again.

All in all good to see the batsmen scoring runs in this game.

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
i go along with your selection fully. wether or not it will be the team selected is another matter. wont be suprised if he keeps anderson in, but certainly he has to give monty a go

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'd go along with that, Mahmood can be expensive but he has at least played cricket in the last 12months where as Anderson has hardly run in at all.
Read has gotta start over Jones but I cant see that happening. Monty of course can take wickets and has been one of Englands best bowlers in the past 12months...whether Fletch plays him though is another matter.

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
jones i see was elevated to number three overnight in the game and got golden duck, delicately guiding the ball to slip. Read hiy a whopping 6 in his good innings so logic says fletcher will go for Jones, does it not :lolol:

Pettitt303

Registered Drug Abuser
Oct 28, 2006
East, East, East Sussex
Strauss
Cook
Bell
Collingwood
Pieterson
Flintoff
Read
Mahmood
Hoggard
Anderson
Panesar

Harmison Is So Overated At The Moment And We Need To Win? Praying For Rain :bowdown:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Pettitt303 said:
Strauss
Cook
Bell
Collingwood
Pieterson
Flintoff
Read
Mahmood
Hoggard
Anderson
Panesar

Harmison Is So Overated At The Moment And We Need To Win? Praying For Rain :bowdown:

er we need to win right, so why would you want rain ?

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
I can see Oz handing us a draw to keep the series alive. If Ponting wins the toss, he will put England in.

Reid and Monty in for Jones and Giles.

Mcgrath to step on a ball in the outfield before play begins..

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The wicket at Perth is flat I seem to recall, therefore we are faced with the same problem, do we go for Giles who turns it a smidgeon but can bat( or at least hold an end up) or panesaar who can turn it a lot but struggles to hold a bat!

I think Read should be picked no question!

Anderson bowled very well in the recent tour match though

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The whole Panesar not being able to bat doens't have a lot of evidence to back it up. His club rate him as decent batsmen and have said he could make a decent no8. For England he's always batted at 11 and pretty much everytime with another tail-ender so it would be difficult to properly judge him

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Dave the Gaffer said:
The wicket at Perth is flat I seem to recall, therefore we are faced with the same problem, do we go for Giles who turns it a smidgeon but can bat( or at least hold an end up) or panesaar who can turn it a lot but struggles to hold a bat!

I know what you're saying, but in adelaide, the batting surface was very flat to start with, yet look at Warney's figures by the end of the match.

Yeah I know, Warne's a legend, but I would still opt for the wicket taker rather than a couple of extra runs that Giles might get.

Mahmoud is expensive and could be found out, so I'm not sure at the mo on him. If anyone is dropped through, it should be Harmison. Controversial I know, but he's been shocking so far. Hope there is something still to play for when I get out to Melbourne!!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
McShane79 said:
I know what you're saying, but in adelaide, the batting surface was very flat to start with, yet look at Warney's figures by the end of the match.

Yeah I know, Warne's a legend, but I would still opt for the wicket taker rather than a couple of extra runs that Giles might get.

Mahmoud is expensive and could be found out, so I'm not sure at the mo on him. If anyone is dropped through, it should be Harmison. Controversial I know, but he's been shocking so far. Hope there is something still to play for when I get out to Melbourne!!

The WACA pitch used to one of the most pace friendly wickets in world cricket, steep bounce and movement. Times must have changed.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
SJ's Love Monkey said:
The WACA pitch used to one of the most pace friendly wickets in world cricket, steep bounce and movement. Times must have changed.

It's something to do with the composition of the soil having changed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here