Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Test cricket moving to Sky can the EU help?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Those short sighted, money grabbing fools at the ECB, must surely now realise they have made a huge mistake. At the very moment people are talking and watching the best Ashes Series in decades, their interest will be wiped out as it disappears onto Sky!

So, I have to ask people's advice on how we can get the European Commission to repeat their assault on live Premiership rights to have a look at cricket!
http://www.brandrepublic.com/bullet...kys-premier-league-tv-rights-monopoly-threat/

If anyone is well versed in fighting the forces of evil, Brighton fans are...so any legitimate suggestions on what to do?

I have only got limited time, my wife refuses to order Sky as she really hates Ruper Murdoch!

An online petition wouldn't be a bad place, any one know of one that is free of nut jobs and freaks! Or should we start one here? Is Kilroy still a Euro MP if he is then we need him to support Murdoch that will do the trick on getting great public support.

Billy

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
just subscribe to sky and stop moaning

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
It is a disgrace that no live Cricket is going to be on Testicle TV

The cricket will lose a generation of players if the ECB dont have a re-think , the thought of not being able to watch live cricket makes me MAD!!!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If the UK gov. didn't declare that it needed any form of protection in the Television Without Frontiers bill, its unlikely that anything can be done.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
has anybody got an e-mail address to complain about this too? (i looked at the website but didn't find a relevant one)

I feel a campaign coming on! (well Falmer WILL happen so we'll need something else to campaign against/for)

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Bollocks. You gotta move with the times. The Sky Coverage is far superior to that of C4, 'cos they have the money to spend. If you want to watch cricket, get SKY, if not, keep quiet.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Wanderer said:
Bollocks. You gotta move with the times. The Sky Coverage is far superior to that of C4, 'cos they have the money to spend. If you want to watch cricket, get SKY, if not, keep quiet.

oooooh - touchy aren't we? it's not life or death you know.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Mr Popkins said:
It is a disgrace that no live Cricket is going to be on Testicle TV

The cricket will lose a generation of players if the ECB dont have a re-think , the thought of not being able to watch live cricket makes me MAD!!!

What, like the generation of kids has lost a generationof footballers?

I think its bad that C4 have lost cricket, but then I thought it was wrong that the BBC lost it in the first place but I reckon C4 have been really good for cricket.

No doubt Sky will do an excellent job, they won't insist on the cricket finishing at 6pm like C4 did. The only thin I hope is that they get rid of Bob Willis and Nasser Hussain !

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Seagull over NZ said:

I think its bad that C4 have lost cricket, but then I thought it was wrong that the BBC lost it in the first place but I reckon C4 have been really good for cricket.

No doubt Sky will do an excellent job, they won't insist on the cricket finishing at 6pm like C4 did. The only thin I hope is that they get rid of Bob Willis and Nasser Hussain !

slightly different, cricket is in no way as big as football in this country, just think what the ashes this year has done for cricket, do you think everyone would be talking about it as much if it was only on SKY, 52 million people in this country do not have SKY.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Mr Popkins said:
52 million people in this country do not have SKY.

52million people need to move with the times then!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Channel 4 coverage is far superior to Sky, how can amyone argue that. Benaud, Atherton and Nicholas actually sound like they care about the game. Hussain, Butcher (give me strength) and Botham bore me to f***ing tears. And Sky haven't got eh excellent Simon Hughes explaining the game to those who need guidance and to be told what's actually going on.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Mr Popkins said:
52 million people in this country do not have SKY.

And quite a huge amount of them have cable... and guess what?

You can get Sky Sports on cable too.

Very very houses in the UK have neither satellite nor cable.

Also, where did the "52 million" figure come from? There are ~8,000,000 Sky subscribers, its believed around 1M are in Ireland and 250K on the continent. Not all the remaining 6.75M have Sky Sports, but probably most do. Thats 6.75M -houses-, not people. Families are more likely to have Sky (or cable) than a single person is, and so on.

Cable not counted, its probably 40M people who don't have -satellite- in their house.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Simon Hughes and his shirts are LEGENDARY. C4s coverage is well good but you cant beat abit of Radio4/198LW...incidently where was blowers for the recent test match? ??? did'nt hear him once :(

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
he means your GRAMMER was shite MYOB, you meant "very few" not "Very very" :thumbsup:

Brady's Old Lady

Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Seagull over NZ said:

The difference being that the majority of Sattelite football matches are on Sunday or Monday night when most people are around to watch it. I only get to watch the Sat/Sun of most tests, so why should I pay for SKY when I will only get to see 40% of the product. I'm not saying that's right but is how a lot of people will think and I think the original poster is right - cricket will lose a lot of momentum!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here