Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tesco's Ginger card

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Ginger Blokes Have Bigger Cocks than normal people.
knob.gif

???

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Mr Cruncher & Mr Mellotron speaketh the truth. I wouldnt expect to see that card in any supermarket - but certainly would in an independent card shop.

Whoever decided to stock it has probably now been sacked.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
So are you saying ginger people are not normal?

Controversial... :ohmy:

Yes I am saying that.

Normal men/people have small cocks. Ginger Blokes are hung like f***ing Godzilla.

except paul scholes apparently.

But the logical extension of saying Tescos shouldn't stock it is that they shouldn't stock anything humerous because it all offends someone. In which case all of their cards would be shit, and no-one would go there to buy them. So there's got to be some common sense applied, shirley?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But the logical extension of saying Tescos shouldn't stock it is that they shouldn't stock anything humerous because it all offends someone. In which case all of their cards would be shit, and no-one would go there to buy them. So there's got to be some common sense applied, shirley?

I think this card comes under "mature/adult" humour. i.e. Gay, Fat, Ginger, Speccy, Racist, Toilet Humour, etc jokes.

You don't generally get those types of cards in Tescos, do you?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006

Theres a bone of contention

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I think this card comes under "mature/adult" humour. i.e. Gay, Fat, Ginger, Speccy, Racist, Toilet Humour, .

You don't generally get those types of cards in Tescos, do you?

True, although it does sound like the customer base of the one in Southend.

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
Im ginger and that card made me giggle, The thing that really is starting to piss me off (and i will react one day) is the fact that fans like to abuse players because they got ginger hair it makes me feel uncomfortable when im sitting there next to the people doing it cos im ginger like i say, Ginger prick this Ginger c**t that, No need for it!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Im ginger and that card made me giggle, The thing that really is starting to piss me off (and i will react one day) is the fact that fans like to abuse players because they got ginger hair it makes me feel uncomfortable when im sitting there next to the people doing it cos im ginger like i say, Ginger prick this Ginger c**t that, No need for it!

Just join in with the gingerist abuse...confuses the f*** out of the normals!

Be like a black bloke shouting all kinds of racist abuse...would soon shut all the other gobshites up.

I have a touch of the "Autumn Hues" myself, its all aload of old cobblers, ignore them.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
As an auburn haired chap myself I do have some sympathy with this story although it is a shame they had to pick some fairly pikey looking council mum to pose with a stroppy face to bring it to people's attention.

I wouldn't complain at the card just as I don't complain at all the "ginger" jibes I may get in the workplace or elsewhere (even though I'm not actually ginger) but there is the simple fact of the matter that it is a card that pokes fun at a minority and I don't think you would find Tesco stocking cards in a similar vein about ANY other minority.

As has been pointed out the whole ginger thing represents one of the last taboos you can still get away with mocking mercilessly on TV and in public and I like to think that part of the reason for this is that most redheads have enough of a sense of humour not to take it to heart and kick off about it BUT when you think of kids in schools getting bullied and then they find their aggressors views backed up by national supermarket chains what sort of message does that put out?

No reason the card should be banned but Tesco should certainly know better.

And yes, it is comparable to racism and homophobia because it is a prejudice based on something that cannot be controlled.

I also take offence at the suggestion that Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud wouldn't get a look in because I would shag the back doors off her AND choose her above any other member of the group.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I come from a long line of gingers and would like to point out the following.

Ginger Blokes Have Bigger Cocks than normal people.

Whatever your bird tells you. She will have discovered this for herself once and is not telling you because she doesnt want you to feel inadequate.

If you dont believe me. Look at HRH Prince Harold. Lady Di went Ginger but her secret lives on.

Well said. I'd also add to that that it has been proven that genetically red haired people are more advanced than their light or dark haired counterparts. Studies have shown the genes have mutated progressively and the patterned skin of freckles is evidence of a Darwinesque natural adaptive step forward.

It is also reported that red haired people have a higher pain threshold than other people. I'd attest to this as I am HARD AS NAILS BLUV.

And lest we forget the fact that redheads tend to keep their hair far more long into their life when others of a similar age are balding, as well as the fact that it takes a great deal longer to go grey.

Of course one other benefit is the fact that a lot of southern and eastern Europeans go crazy for it. Being so rare in countries where it is not prevalent in the gene pool makes it special and alluring. I've lost track of the number of tasty Mediterranean ladies or chocolate skinned lovelies I've had my way with thanks to my more individual complexion and hair colour.

Power to redheads!

Last edited:

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
There are loads of hot gingers/redheads out there - nicole kidman, nicola from girls aloud to name 2. Can;t see why people make such abusive comments to be honest.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
There are loads of hot gingers/redheads out there - nicole kidman, nicola from girls aloud to name 2. Can;t see why people make such abusive comments to be honest.

Own argument f***ed in one easy movement. I can't believe all these people have come out of the woodwork about a card which takes the piss out of gingers! There are plenty of cards which take the piss out of old people, fat people, gays, policemen - in fact almost everyone conceivable target, and most of them are stocked in mainstream shops. This ginger munter wants her five minutes of fame for giving birth to three ginger, smelly circus freaks and has made a twat of herself. It's a card, it is actually quite funny, and I would also have laughed at a card which said that Santa was not overkeen on fat kids either, but possibly not a those with mental or physical deformity/deficiency jokes on.

Do you think she has broached the subject of Santa being the figment of a marketing imagination yet, or are her little red pixies still traumatised by the card? What compensation do you imagine she wants - three packs of hair dye could be a start.

As for Chappers reporting me - blow me! If I get a ban for laughing at gingers, then this board really has died the most incredible fascist death!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here