Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tesco Premium Lager

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I've had the misfortune of going to a houseparty that lasted way longer than expected and running out of proper booze well after the offlicences closed

So I've had it. If you want to remove your stomach lining, go ahead...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Premium lager and not Value?

The premium lager is not bad. I like Biere D'Alsace.

I once felt very rough after a house party, along with about 20 others. It turned out they had used cheap Vodka in the punch. 6 litres for £10. - Bottled in Bombay in 1987. :nono: :eek:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I can't remember. It was Tesco, thats about as far as I can remember. It was a long party, as I said.

I didn't know they'd have two own-brands of the one product...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've been grabbing their blue and white lager, 4%, not strong, but perfectly drinkable on a hot day

doesn't kill the wallet or head like Stella either !

12 can for £6 or thereabouts

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
It's probably pretty good! The Sainsbury's one is nice. They are all brewed in the same place anyway.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Sainsbury's Saint Cervois Larger 4x500ml (5% Abv)

£3.29/unit

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I haven't tried them but they sound f***ing horrible.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Man of Harveys said:
I haven't tried them but they sound f***ing horrible.

depends what you want, I love a decent ale, but if you need a quick quench after a hot days work, they're acceptable

the other alternative I like is a decent ale, diluted with sparkling water . . .good flavour without getting battered before it gets dark !

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
zefarelly said:
depends what you want, I love a decent ale, but if you need a quick quench after a hot days work, they're acceptable

the other alternative I like is a decent ale, diluted with sparkling water . . .good flavour without getting battered before it gets dark !, I also do this when gigging sometimes so I don't forget what I'm doing !!!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
zefarelly said:

the other alternative I like is a decent ale, diluted with sparkling water . . .good flavour without getting battered before it gets dark !

Exactley, it's horses for courses. If I had the choice I usually go for a decent real ale. However, if it's Betty Swollocks then you can't beat a cold one. Let's face it if beer is cold it doesn't taste of much anyway so may aswell have a cheaper thirst quencha!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I don't drink it regularly but I have had it before. It's perfectly drinkable you're just not paying for the brand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here