Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tesco, grrrrrrrrr

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why does my local Tesco, fill the need, on a great big sign outside, to apologise for being closed on Boxing Day.
I've almost missed their advertising campaign, but from memory aren't they bitching about being open for 'only' 6 hours on Sunday, the legal requirement.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't this store be closed for just 2 days.
Hardly long enough to turn into Ray Mears or ferrel, esp as we've be encouraged to shop for all 24hrs a day for the last 2 weeks.

I detest the whole excess and gluttony, followed by the new year wailing and hand wringing from those who couldn't afford all the stuff they threw down their necks or worse still, threw away, in the first place.

Rant over, unless someone gets me started on kids saying 'I must have', instead of 'I would like'.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
If I needed a pint of milk or whatever on Boxing Day I might think of going to Tesco to see if they were open.

Luckily, there's always Mr Shah's shop at the top of Havelock Road. The saviour of many Christmas dinners among my family.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Why does my local Tesco, fill the need, on a great big sign outside, to apologise for being closed on Boxing Day.
I've almost missed their advertising campaign, but from memory aren't they bitching about being open for 'only' 6 hours on Sunday, the legal requirement.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't this store be closed for just 2 days.
Hardly long enough to turn into Ray Mears or ferrel, esp as we've be encouraged to shop for all 24hrs a day for the last 2 weeks.

I detest the whole excess and gluttony, followed by the new year wailing and hand wringing from those who couldn't afford all the stuff they threw down their necks or worse still, threw away, in the first place.

Rant over, unless someone gets me started on kids saying 'I must have', instead of 'I would like'.

Amen to that, especially the last line ..... spoilt brats everywhere :angry:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My problem is, if as Mr Shah, Mr Tesco were to decide to open his shop when he wanted he could.
But Mr Tesco probably hasn't set foot in a shop for a week and probably won't until well into the new year. It's Mr Tesco's staff that has to carry the brunt of this. They all have varied reasons for doing the work, but the real kicker is those that have too because they feel pressured into 'must have Christmas' by the likes of Mr Tesco in the first place.

When probably for some the best present would be 3 days of quality time at home with the family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here