Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terry

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Right answer, action no.1 for Capello is to hand this to Ferdinand.

Rio Ferdinand? The drugs offender? The man who got caught drink driving? The man who has been banned from driving on 4 occasions.

He would be great model for the kids to look up to. Why not go the whole hog and suggest Lee Bowyer?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
My favourite player of all time. Fabregas deserves it the dirty little shit.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
My favourite player of all time. Fabregas deserves it the dirty little shit.

I have noticed there is no comments about the fact the Fabregas also tried to snap someones leg near the end of the same game but oh no he is a foreigner so we will not moan about him, Just the players who have the responsibility of trying to make England a great football team:nono:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Terry comes across as a very arrogant person. I dont wish injury on him just because he is overpaid or overrated by many - most of them are arrogant and overpaid. They live in a bubble and have no grip on reality

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When Terry first got into the CHelsea side, he seemed to have a few disciplinary issues- there was the court case (and yes, I know he was acquitted), the incident with Americans at the airport hotel on 9/11, and a few other alcohol related problems.

He seemed to have sorted himself out, got the England job, and looked as though he was untouchable in the eyes of the media.

But lately he seems to have started getting in the front pages of the papers again (pissing on the floor in nightclubs, drinking himself into oblivion) and he's not playing as well as he should be. When I hear his name, however, the thing that really springs to mind, is the image of him at the forefront of a group of Chelsea players, surrounding some poor referee, screaming abuse in his face as a result of a decision they disagree with.

It's like the old image of Keane and the United players haranguing the ref at Old Trafford, only with Chelsea, it seems to be a regular thing. I don't know why the FA don't just step on him. Why should refs have to put up with that every time they make a decision Chelsea don't like?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I have noticed there is no comments about the fact the Fabregas also tried to snap someones leg near the end of the same game but oh no he is a foreigner so we will not moan about him, Just the players who have the responsibility of trying to make England a great football team:nono:
Very true that.

Fabregas is a particularly good example, he's been known to make dirty challenges, he chases after the ref like Terry but no one says a word, he spat on Michael Ballack, tried to punch Teddy Sheringham, threw pizza at Lord Ferg, acted cunty to Mark Hughes cause Blackburn beat them, he dives, all round he's just a complete shit, and everyone thinks he's the golden boy. :shrug:

Plus Iniesta is better.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I am growing to loathe that man more and more by the hour. I will not lose any sleep over his injury.

He seems like a TWAT of the highest order...what's next drink driving, attacking a taxi driver or raping some woman...take your pick.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Do you mind if I ask why? There is very little about the man that doesn't annoy/repulse me.

I love his commitment on the pitch, I think he is an intelligent defender with shit loads of ability. Also as Chelsea were the team I used to support I took a lot of interest in him when he was coming through as I thought he looked like a great prospect.

I don't agree with what he gets up to off the field but on the pitch he is far and away my favourite player.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love his commitment on the pitch, I think he is an intelligent defender with shit loads of ability. Also as Chelsea were the team I used to support I took a lot of interest in him when he was coming through as I thought he looked like a great prospect.

I don't agree with what he gets up to off the field but on the pitch he is far and away my favourite player.

Intelligent defender....I do not agree. He is a classic blood and thunder English defender who throws himself around and as a consequence gets a lot of injuries. None of this strikes me as being intelligent. In some respects he is the epitome of what is wrong with English football...where commitment and bravery are regarded higher than talent, skill and intelligence.

Intelligent defender....I do not agree. He is a classic blood and thunder English defender who throws himself around and as a consequence gets a lot of injuries. None of this strikes me as being intelligent. In some respects he is the epitome of what is wrong with English football...where commitment and bravery are regarded higher than talent, skill and intelligence.

So which of our defenders has those qualities?
Micah Richards gets a lot out of going forward, but sometimes that costs the defence. Sol Campbell sometimes reminds me of The QE2 with his turning ability, Rio has an organized view of the game in marking and stopping, would he be the complete article you describe?

Few defenders EVER possess all attributes for every situation. The game has also moved on since Bobby Moore was showing flair and intellect. Finer pointing at defenders, I have trouble naming more than a couple of players in history who had everything, (one did play for The Albion though - Adam el-....:jester: but seriously) Lawrenson had sadly already played for the Irish

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Because he did so well as captain against Croatia :rolleyes:

What did he do wrong in that gaem?

I thaught, along woth crouch, he was one of the only players that acctually deserved to be upset that we didnt qualify.

Ok his final balls into the box were quite dire but he was there to make important challenges and he won the ball when he needed to and got forward aswell.

Gerrard should DEFINATLY be given the arm band!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005

I would suggest you obviously haven't watched him that closely. His positional sense is amazing, his reading of the game is excellent, he uses the ball well and to marshall a defence the quality of Chelsea's double title winning team shows a great understanding of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here