Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terrible news

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
RexCathedra said:
I'd still be a subject of the Crown if it weren't for the French, for which they are due my undying respect.

How is the colony today? ....

As a french mate of mine from Uni days would say ...

'How can other like us (the French) when we hate ourselves',
He used to greet me with the words ... ' Good day to you, you English bastard'. Lovely chap but French.

:wave:

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Who the hell is anybodies "Subject" these days! We have a graet tourist machine we call the Royal Family, but you'd struggle to find too many in the UK who consider themselves subjects!

Now the Americans are a different matter, not only can they not get enough of the Royal Family, they follow blindly behind the clown that is George W. Bush.:shootself

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
RexCathedra said:
The threat level raise was precipitated by a recent fire, which destroyed
France's white flag factory, effectively disabling their military

Go visit the Ossuaire at Verdun and say that with a straight face.

Hateful prat.

Fought with the French before - pity their best forces are the Legion Etrangere...the rest were not worth an Andrex Puppy.

Don't quote WWI/II figures at me you tosser - and if you are so keen to ally yourself to the French nation, sod off and support a French club, and replace the Boston RedSox avatar with the tricolour.

Knobber.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
HampshireSeagulls said:
Fought with the French before - pity their best forces are the Legion Etrangere...the rest were not worth an Andrex Puppy.

Don't quote WWI/II figures at me you tosser - and if you are so keen to ally yourself to the French nation, sod off and support a French club, and replace the Boston RedSox avatar with the tricolour.

Knobber.

Oh dear another xenophobic bore who doesn't like being disagreed with. I wonder what level of military expertise allows you to dismiss the French armed forces so thoroughly.?

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
HampshireSeagulls said:

Knobber.

:eek: mange tout :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

bravo zulu :clap:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Voroshilov said:
I wonder what level of military expertise allows you to dismiss the French armed forces so thoroughly.?

The Maginot line & Waterloo

:lolol:

Last edited:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Voroshilov said:
Oh dear another xenophobic bore who doesn't like being disagreed with. I wonder what level of military expertise allows you to dismiss the French armed forces so thoroughly.?

a tad more than you 'je croix, monsieur vladipisstake'

:smokin:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Voroshilov said:

Lots and lots and lots of experience. None that you need to be told about, but I daresay if you could be bothered to check back you could work out. Then again, you probably can't be bothered to check....

Not xenophobic at all - the Foreign Legion (in case you missed that bit in your headlong rush to type something cutting) is made up of LOTS OF FOREIGNERS! Therefore, I don't mind serving with foreigners - and again if you bothered to check back you would see that I have even been accused of being an Islamic apologist on here! (Granted, by WatfordO....)

I don't mind being disagreed with either - as long as the disagreement is reasoned, researched and valid. Hell, I don't even mind it when London Irish picks me up - if I am wrong, I have even been known to admit it!

I have fought and trained with regular French forces, many of which would be out of their depth in a regular UK infantry battalion. Their leadership, expertise and overall fieldcraft has been so lacking that I, and others that I was with, actively sought to distance ourselves from them as they posed a bigger threat to us than the opposition! Their application to the task in hand was shocking - they would find any excuse to slack off, sleep, or generally behave like girl scouts. So yes, my level of expertise allows me to judge these forces - and you would probably get the same response from anyone who has had the misfortune to line up beside (or usually in front of) French regular forces. Their elite forces, and their air force, are a different matter, as they seem to take a pride in what they do. Compared to other Forces that I have worked with, the French were shit and should only be employed on latrine digging duties, and even then under extreme supervision!

Next thing you'll be holding up the Russian Fleet as an example of a world-class Navy!

Voroshilov said:
Oh dear another xenophobic bore who doesn't like being disagreed with.

I disagree. Hampshire seagulls as been posting some very interesting and entertaining posts these last few weeks when the average level of NSC seems to have been plumbing new depths.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Very weak come back Rex, totally out of order to quote war deaths.I've seen 'Last of the Mohicans' so your French leaning humourless viewpoint is not in the least bit surprising.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
HampshireSeagulls said:
Lots and lots and lots of experience. None that you need to be told about, but I daresay if you could be bothered to check back you could work out. Then again, you probably can't be bothered to check....

Not xenophobic at all - the Foreign Legion (in case you missed that bit in your headlong rush to type something cutting) is made up of LOTS OF FOREIGNERS! Therefore, I don't mind serving with foreigners - and again if you bothered to check back you would see that I have even been accused of being an Islamic apologist on here! (Granted, by WatfordO....)

I don't mind being disagreed with either - as long as the disagreement is reasoned, researched and valid. Hell, I don't even mind it when London Irish picks me up - if I am wrong, I have even been known to admit it!

I have fought and trained with regular French forces, many of which would be out of their depth in a regular UK infantry battalion. Their leadership, expertise and overall fieldcraft has been so lacking that I, and others that I was with, actively sought to distance ourselves from them as they posed a bigger threat to us than the opposition! Their application to the task in hand was shocking - they would find any excuse to slack off, sleep, or generally behave like girl scouts. So yes, my level of expertise allows me to judge these forces - and you would probably get the same response from anyone who has had the misfortune to line up beside (or usually in front of) French regular forces. Their elite forces, and their air force, are a different matter, as they seem to take a pride in what they do. Compared to other Forces that I have worked with, the French were shit and should only be employed on latrine digging duties, and even then under extreme supervision!

Next thing you'll be holding up the Russian Fleet as an example of a world-class Navy!

I had a F F Legion thread when the show was on telly last month and have had conversations about who is hardest: SAS,Green Berets,FFL,Mossad etc? who do you think? for me nothing can be harder than desert marching but my friend pointed out that SAS are superb in all terrain.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
HampshireSeagulls said:

wow man, you sound hardcore.
have you ever killed a man?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Eggmundo said:
wow man, you sound hardcore.
have you ever killed a man?

Hardcore? Isn't that the stuff you use under driveways? I'll go and ask a builder....

When you say "killed" do you mean close up or at distance? Remote or hands on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here