Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terrible April fool on the Club site

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
And the BA/BAA take on this JOKE is what exactly......................?

Exactly i bet they found this really helpful, im sure they have enough problems, next year your ring them and tell them theres a bomb in the airport, GENIUS

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
And the BA/BAA take on this JOKE is what exactly......................?

I don't really know or care to be honest, because it was an APRIL FOOL and it was revealed as a joke moments later.

I don't see the problem really. It's hardly a "Bad Taste" joke is it?

Maybe the world has forgotten how to smile/laugh :(

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Out of context completely, stupid remark im afraid!

I'm with you. Just a blooming joke. You could say that bbc are irresponsible because now kids will want to get penguins and chuck them out of windows to see them fly!!!!!

NUMPTIES!

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
So it wasn't a wind up...........

Dean Hammond only went out on loan and will be back in time for the play-offs!

:nono:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It's hardly Bright's fault that BAA/BA have made such a massive cock up with this T5 fiasco and I see no reason why you shouldn't capitalise on this by playing a prank at their expense.

As an ex BAA employee I know exactly how they work and this botch job doesn't surprise me at all. They've only themselves to blame, well them and BA.

What's even more shocking about this typically overexaggerated NSC backlash is that the original joke wasn't even that unbelievable. It's quite conceivable in fact that it could even come true

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Got a text from my Nigerian father-in-law this morn telling me BBC report there says Morinho appointed new Super Eagles manager and Vogts linked with Azerbijan job.

I bought it hook line and sinker, but now realise I've been had. Not sure yet though whether I've been had by father-in-law or he's been had too along with half of the population of Nigeria :blush:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We rung a chap in Arbroath who`s wife had been mising for a little while and told him that some children had found her severed head on the beach.

LAUGH.....................

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
SEAGULLS ARE SHIP-SHAPE FOR THE RUN-IN

Albion boss Dean Wilkins has been taking full advantage of the Albion's close proximity to the waves by introducing some unusual new training methods - in Brighton Marina. Albions players have been put through their paces lately on the decks of the boats moored in the marina, in a series of exercises devised specifically to enhance their balance and ball control in the aquatic conditions. "It's something I trialled once in the boating lake at Lancing" said Wilkins. "A footballers balance is one of the most important aspects of his game, yet normal training methods all but ignore this crucial side of things. The rocking motion on the deck of a boat forces players to concentrate on their balance, and can only enhance it when they are back on solid ground".

The exercises involve a series of cones being set out along the deck, which the players then have to dribble around in the shortest time possible, whilst taking into account the rocking motion of the boat. The bizarre training sessions are held weekly, and have met with the approval of the players. Defender Kerry Mayo said: "It might seem a bit odd, and it does take a bit of getting used to, but I definitely think its worthwhile. At the end of the day, anything that the gaffer thinks will help us, we're willing to try". Midfielder Steve Thomson was also enthusiastic about the unusual sessions. "I think it's a great idea" he said. "The lads all enjoy it, it leads to some good banter and it's a real challenge as well. Anything that gives us an edge over the other teams has got to be worth trying".

The Marina training sessions have not gone without their problems though. Wilkins revealed: "Butters is a problem, as once he starts charging around the deck it's like we're in the middle of a f***ing tsunami. The boat starts rocking all over the place, and all the lads start feeling sick. Deano (Cox) had real problems with it as well - he can hardly stay on his feet just walking to and from the dressing room, let alone trying to balance on the deck of a boat. A couple of times he's fallen overboard. We've fished him out, but ended up throwing him back as he's only a wee fella". Wilkins then donned a black eyepatch, squinted comically, and said "Harhaaaar, but the mood in the squad is still BUOYANT, me hearties" before wandering off back to the training session with an exagerrated hobble. Albion Chief Executive Martin Perry has expressed "concern" as to Dean Wilkins's behaviour lately. Chairman Dick Knight was unavailable for comment.

quality :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here