Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terminal 5 Passengers 0

Not too much of a surprise though since Mick Temple, the Heathrow MD specifically appointed by BAA to oversee the commissioning of T5, 'left' the company at the the beginning of 2007 following the takeover by Grupo Ferrovial et al.
Since then, he's been doing some consultancy work for, amongst others, Dubai International Airport where a new 'Emirates only' terminal is due to open in May. Day one there will be an interesting comparison to make?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Such a massive complex with high tech systems, the chances of things going wrong were very high i would suspect.

It just annoys me how programmes like GMTV this morning were featuring it as though it was some major disaster, to some i am more than sure it is a major annoyance, but it is not like 50% of the country are waiting to fly out from there.

I hate the media, they piss me right off :rant::rant::tosser::rant:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Listening to the radio this morning, apparently is it a common occurrence at any new terminal opening at any airport. One Canadian airport (I can't remember which one they mentioned) took a year to sort it out, and Hong Kong took a week to get back on track.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Get the boys and girls from The Apprentice in. You want disaster we can give you disaster.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
These massive projects always aim to get built within 'aggressive timescales' to generate more profit. So things like Terminal 5, the new Wembley and the Channel Tunnel probably send a lot of people to an early grave through being placed under intolerable pressure. But they all come good in the end. Not seen any complaints about the Terminal 5 building itself, which was surely the difficult part?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Listening to the radio this morning, apparently is it a common occurrence at any new terminal opening at any airport. One Canadian airport (I can't remember which one they mentioned) took a year to sort it out, and Hong Kong took a week to get back on track.
If it was Radio 4 you were listening to, they mentioned Denver airport taking a year to sort out.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
If it was Radio 4 you were listening to, they mentioned Denver airport taking a year to sort out.

That's the one (although it was Radio 2) so not Canadian :blush:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That's the one (although it was Radio 2) so not Canadian :blush:

Maybe you were thinking of John Denver?

(Edit: oh, bugger, he's not Canadian either. Quick. Think of a Canadian. Any Canadian. Ah, right, got it...)

Maybe you were thinking of Celine Dion.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Maybe you were thinking of John Denver?

No, I was in the car thinking about what I was going to get in the supermarket and only had half an ear on the news. ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here