tennis elbow

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
no sadly not. i have suffered from wankers claw. not a nice thing at all

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Yeah, i suffer from it.....it gets aggravated by repetative work...plastering normally triggers it and it hurts so much sometimes that i can't hold a full pint.....good job i'm a quick drinker innit!!!!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I don't play tennis.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I had tennis balls once, that was painful too

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
anyone else suffered from this??

Have suffered occasionally in the past and found that accupuncture seems to work well for me in getting rid of it.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
head chef/bakery deli

Difficult thing is to identify what causes it. Not sure what you do daily, but I guess it the repetitive movement of something like chopping or something with the lower arm whist gripping something in your hand (ooooeer). Once identified, do it with the other hand/arm. Sounds more difficult that it actually is but once you get used to it.... I aad to change mouse hands from left to right. Only took me a week or so to get used to it, and about a year fully for it to go, but you could tell after a month or so it was becoming less severe. As its a chronic condition it will take a time to go.
Anti-inflamatories and steroid injections = only temporary relief but you have to stop doing what you were doing for it to go. Only other option in severe cases or if you cannot stop doing whever it is, is an operation to shorten the tendon where it attaches to the bone.

Hope this helps

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I did about fours years ago, from playing tennis, I started wearing an elbow support with magnets in to play in, which I found helped at lot, not sure if the magnets did actually do anything though.

I then changed my tennis racket and it went away. Haven't had a problem since.

warlingham seagull

Jul 28, 2004
Warlingham
Difficult thing is to identify what causes it. Not sure what you do daily, but I guess it the repetitive movement of something like chopping or something with the lower arm whist gripping something in your hand (ooooeer). Once identified, do it with the other hand/arm. Sounds more difficult that it actually is but once you get used to it.... I aad to change mouse hands from left to right. Only took me a week or so to get used to it, and about a year fully for it to go, but you could tell after a month or so it was becoming less severe. As its a chronic condition it will take a time to go.
Anti-inflamatories and steroid injections = only temporary relief but you have to stop doing what you were doing for it to go. Only other option in severe cases or if you cannot stop doing whever it is, is an operation to shorten the tendon where it attaches to the bone.

Hope this helps

As he says. I had this about 20 years ago. Tried physio, injections, acupuncture and in the end had an op. Fantastic - no problems since. Then the other elbow went two years later and went straight for the op. Same good results. Have been told that i have been lucky to have had 2 successful ones. There is a pointer above about how changing a racquet worked. Can you use implements with a thinner/thicker grip?
You can also get supports that have a velcro strap and a U shaped plastic piece that act a bit like fingers on a guitar in that they take the pressure of the point where the tendon meets the bone. Good luck!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here