Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ten years on and same old NSC!

Shut Up Roper

Mar 11, 2009
Ten years ago, as a younger and far less wise individual I used to post on this site for what I thought was sport, as an Orient fan who enjoyed the customary 6 points a season and the £40k plus of revenue kindly given to our club via the faithful couple of thousand Albion fans who came to witness the event (who can forget the Tony Richards hat-trick in the cup) each season.

For some unknown reason after years of not giving it a second thought I decided to check out the site again after the game at the weekend and nothing has changed from the dark basement days of the late 90s. You are still delusional, going on about how many fans you take away and that you are the best club in the world...please!

Well the fact is you are a sh*t League 1 team just like us. I for one hope you stay a sh*t League 1 team this season as League 2 with nearly all teams south of Watford looking as if they are either going up or down (with the exception of Barnet and Dagenham) meaning endless trips up North.
However no team has a divine right to stay up just because they take more than a couple of hundred fans to Carlisle. You have lost big games because you are not very good. Same with us! I just thank god we got rid of our manager in time, as Williams has made a real difference, as has the return of Scott McGleish.

In the end you will stay above the wire this season only if four teams were more shit than you are over 46 games, which is exactly the same for Orient, however we don’t think we are automatically meant for better things!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Ten years ago, as a younger and far less wise individual I used to post on this site for what I thought was sport, as an Orient fan who enjoyed the customary 6 points a season and the £40k plus of revenue kindly given to our club via the faithful couple of thousand Albion fans who came to witness the event (who can forget the Tony Richards hat-trick in the cup) each season.

For some unknown reason after years of not giving it a second thought I decided to check out the site again after the game at the weekend and nothing has changed from the dark basement days of the late 90s. You are still delusional, going on about how many fans you take away and that you are the best club in the world...please!

Well the fact is you are a sh*t League 1 team just like us. I for one hope you stay a sh*t League 1 team this season as League 2 with nearly all teams south of Watford looking as if they are either going up or down (with the exception of Barnet and Dagenham) meaning endless trips up North.
However no team has a divine right to stay up just because they take more than a couple of hundred fans to Carlisle. You have lost big games because you are not very good. Same with us! I just thank god we got rid of our manager in time, as Williams has made a real difference, as has the return of Scott McGleish.

In the end you will stay above the wire this season only if four teams were more shit than you are over 46 games, which is exactly the same for Orient, however we don’t think we are automatically meant for better things!

All fair points I have to say.

:bigwave:

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
I agree with your comments Mr Roper

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think you're talking bollocks in part. Listening to that self righteous rant, you'd think every other thread was of our fans going on about how MASSIVE we are taking hundreds of fans everywhere. Kindly point out ONE thread like that please. And then point out a thread where our fans are in any way suggesting we should stay up because we're too big to go down.

Just because you're not being abusive doesn't mean you're not talking rubbish. Because you are. Personally I hope your crappy club go down, although I don't really care much either way.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
ggggaarrr! damn this speaker of the truth!:down:

Indeed he do.

So in light of his extremely valid post, I'd just like to extend the collective congratulatory hand & say to him: Now piss-off & cough up bus fare to Upton Park - Ya tight git! :bigwave:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
I think you're talking bollocks in part. Listening to that self righteous rant, you'd think every other thread was of our fans going on about how MASSIVE we are taking hundreds of fans everywhere. Kindly point out ONE thread like that please. And then point out a thread where our fans are in any way suggesting we should stay up because we're too big to go down.

Just because you're not being abusive doesn't mean you're not talking rubbish. Because you are. Personally I hope your crappy club go down, although I don't really care much either way.

Obviously! :lolol:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Take out that turd second paragraph and overall you make a good point.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

But while you've been away in your East London slums, we've won three trophies, spent time in The Championship, enjoyed several victories against 'big clubs', and started worked on our new stadium.

Thanks for your interest.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
10 years on and we are still bringing 2,000 to your place.great support i would say.you could only dream of it couldnt you?.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
10 years on and we are still bringing 2,000 to your place.great support i would say.you could only dream of it couldnt you?.

What are you on about? Taking 350 fans 50 miles South is quite an achievement:jester:

Shut Up Roper

Mar 11, 2009
Djmiles

Case in point. The season is not judged on how many fans you, we or anybody take away! If it were you and Leeds would be one and two in the league. The inconvenient truth is that our clubs are judged on what they do on the pitch and neither Orient or Brighton are any good this season!
The prize for staying in this division this season will be trips to the likes of Norwich and Southampton and I hope that both clubs manage it....as without games against Palace and West Ham (if ever) who do we have for our irrational rantings?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here