Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ten years ago today

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Sat on my sofa at home, slowly going from distraught at their early goal to euphoric by the end.

Was just an unbelievable night.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Euro-bar Oxford.

Ten years later, for the first time ever I've lost interest in our National team..

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
lucky enough to be at the game,best half-time hot dogs ive ever had.....maybe something to do wish the lashings if ginger ale i had been drinking all day

I was also lucky enough to be at the game, what a night that was.

And yes, the bratwurst were pretty special.

Must dig out my match programme - apparently it's worth over £50!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Preston Park Tavern. (Before it turned into a snobby-wine bar)

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I was sitting in the German end in utter disbelief! It was just one of those nights you will never forget.

The funny thing this friday against Bulgaria I prob won't even watch.

rrruss

Wandering Seagull

shellsuit

Feb 5, 2009
I was also lucky enough to be at the game, what a night that was.

And yes, the bratwurst were pretty special.

Must dig out my match programme - apparently it's worth over £50!

ive seen them go for £100,i had two but lost them that night in a some sort of undressing establishment

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
In the Hofbrauhaus with 5,000? others, dozens of Albion about, drinking cold beer and winding up the volume, extraordinary night & one of the great weekends away. Marvellous headline in next mornings paper read '1:5 Embarassment'

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Remeber it well, scored a hat-trick for TSC in a lunchtime kick off in the Sussex County 3 and then watched it in the British Airways Social Club at Gatwick and quiet frankley can still not to this day beleive that performance and the result.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Was in Kidderminster with chez watching it in a boozer before going clubbing, following day we were buying a pair of monkeys before heading back to Brighton

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
Brilliant at the time, not so good looking back mainly thanks to the 4-1 record world cup mauling we got by them last year, and also the fact when it came to the 2002 World Cup that the 5-1 match was a qualifier for, Germany were the most successful team reaching the final, while England got knocked out in the quarter finals again, albeit not on penalties for a change.

Germany did have an easy run to the final though, playing what I sarcastically call "all the footballing greats" until Brazil in the final, who we met in the quarters and the Germans didn't get until the final!.

Anyways, I was watching the game round a friend's house across the road, I had to stay round my parents house to look after it while they were off on holiday, so was invited round for a few beers and watch the game. I'll never forget the dancing that lot did every time a goal was scored. My mate's dad sadly died in 2007 of prosterate cancer, who was dancing with them, always think of him when that result gets mentioned more than anything else about it. Got on better with him than his son!, cos when we played football I was always put in goal, my weakest position at the time and had some rows!. 10 years on I'm seen as a good goalie, not to boast!haha!.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Getting a bollocking from my current gf because I took my ex to the Notting Hill carnival. In my defence, I'd only just met my current one, but oh boy, how I pay for it every year it comes around....almost like an anniversary!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
My brother was at a wedding, so i spent the match sending him texts and winding him up for missing it!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here