Ten years ago today

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What were you doing?

_54756722_englandgermany.jpg

I watched it in a pub in Manchester, and can't recall going so mental watching England.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I was in Germany... celebrating my brother's 40th birthday... with rather a lot of football playing Germans, family, friends, a barbecue and some cases of Bittburger.

Nice :thumbsup:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I watched at a mate's house. I lived in Liverpool at the time. We had 3 small children between us and by the time we had scored 5, they were all crying such was the exuberance of our celebrations!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I was sat down trying to get over this:

Ten years ago I watched the game whilst getting ready for my trip to New York.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i had a nightmare..... i went over there with tickets on the thursday with 6 mates. on the piss for 2 days and got back in to the hotel on 6am on the day of the game. just as i went to bed i noticed i had a bit of a sore throat so didnt think anything of it . woke up at mid day finding it really hard to breath and unable to swallow . i also couldnt speak. ofcourse everyone found it hilarious . basically had to go round doctors trying to get as much antibiotics as possible which basically didnt work . come 5 pm i was feeling so rough i went to bed in the hotel and watched it in bed. i even fell asleep for a fair bit of the match. i had some sort of absess which infected all over my mouth neck and throat ,was horrible

shellsuit

Feb 5, 2009
lucky enough to be at the game,best half-time hot dogs ive ever had.....maybe something to do wish the lashings if ginger ale i had been drinking all day

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I went to a pub to watch the game in Reigate, had a massive bust up with my then girlfriend and missed three of the goals. Post match celebrations were amazing, even though I had become single and was a bit miserable!

Can't believe it was 10 years ago!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Watched it at home.
My wife and daughter were watching it in an English bar in Lanzarote.
There were a few Germans that tried to get in to watch, but they were shown the door. They watched through the window - but not for the whole game.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Watched it at East Preston footy club and remember moaning when we conceded and having this air of 'here we go again'!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
In the mornign we played four games in the warsaw international football competition and won it, even though the cheating Irish had a young professional Polish goalkeeper playing for them. Pretty sure that the enormous amounts of alcohol we were drinking at the british bar in Warsaw while watching the game conmtributed to my euphoria and my belief the next morning that I had dreamt it all

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I honestly can't remember which I'm quite annoyed about as I can remember the exact point in the pub I was in when Beckham scored against Greece

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
Sat in a bar in Aegina with my good lady ...the bar was full of Germans ... who upon scoring the opening goal turned round and gesticulated at us in a rather unsportsmanly manner ... needless to say when the fourth goal went in we had the bar to ourselves but not before "waving them a cheery goodbye" ......happy days ....

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
First day that me and the now missus moved in together - I left her unpacking in the afternoon to go buy a new tv and came back and even she watched the match

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here