Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ten Most Notorius Albion Player Signings

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No Kit Napier,Fred Binney.......

Both were considered. I think I should have included Steve Foster as we had to prise him away from Pompey. Perhaps, Gordon Smith because he did not really want to come.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
What about Mickey Thomas? Signed from Man U, didnt settle in the South went back to Everton (I think) then back down to Chelsea! I always hated him, even when he was at Wrexham!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Have I missed something? What's so notorious about these players?

This.

The OP appears to have a rather shaky grasp on the meaning of notorious.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
This.

The OP appears to have a rather shaky grasp on the meaning of notorious.

Thanks rapper, thought I was lost in a parallel universe for a minute there.

If we're talkinh 'notorious' in it's rightful sense, albeit connected to football, surely the winner would be Hans Kraay?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Have I missed something? What's so notorious about these players?

The idea came from the TV programme. I sort of translated it to the signings which created the most interest. Bobby Smith I is so far out ahead it is unbelievable. And it was a close season signing. Lawrenson fugures as the first £100K signing. It is a lot of hype in the case of Teddy Maybank and Mickey Thomas.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
In the correct sense of the definition notorious...... It would have to be Doug Rougvie. What an animal.

Best Ever was a young lad from Burton Albion........ he did alright as far as i recall

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The idea came from the TV programme. I sort of translated it to the signings which created the most interest. Bobby Smith I is so far out ahead it is unbelievable. And it was a close season signing. Lawrenson fugures as the first £100K signing. It is a lot of hype in the case of Teddy Maybank and Mickey Thomas.

I think its an interesting idea, but Zamora doesn't count at all - he was a nobody in Bristol Rovers reserves who had been decent on loan to us. The signing of Leon Knight was bigger and more protracted; as was CKR, the coca-cola kid - or Gary Hart for a set of training gear.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Martin Chivers, ex England forward who previously had transferred from Southampton to Tottenham for a world record transfer fee should be on the list before some of those listed.

Justin Fashanu.

I agree Bobby Smith is way out in front of everyone else.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Oh Franky Franky,Franky Franky Franky Franky Worthington

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
If you are to include loans Robbie Savage has got to be up there,

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Savage meets all three meanings of the word I think. I'd be tempted to say Nicky Forster. We were after him for ages and he could be a started for your most notorious exits as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here