Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Technical Question

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Windows XP at the point of the user screen it tells me I have one unread mail.

Well I read it yesterday so why does it keep telling me something I have already done ?

Can I reset it

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
the delights of having messenger intergrated with the operating system???
I dont know how you can reset it, I assume it will realise soon enough, but once for me it went crazy and told me I had 950 new emails.

stupid microsoft, if you cant do something right, why bother putting it in!:salute:

Oct 25, 2003
its telling you that the last time you logged onto your e-mail you had 1 unread message. don't ask me why it does it, its just a retard

oneboot

Aug 4, 2003
Burgess Hill
If you don't want to show unread mail on the Welcome screen, follow these instructions:

1. Start the Registry Editor (click on START, RUN, type in "regedit" and press enter)

2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ UnreadMail

3. Double-click the value MessageExpiryDays in the right pane, and change the value to 0

4. Close the registry editor and log off from Windows for the changes to take effect

As you can probably guess from the MessageExpiryDays name of the value, it controls the number of days when new (unread) email will be considered read. So even if a message remains unread in your email program, after the number of days given in MessageExpiryDays have passed, the email won't be counted as unread on the Welcome screen.

http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/tune-102.html

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here