Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tech help

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
Hi,

I need help, suddenly today my computer has lost its sound, when i click on sounds and devices in the control panel it says "no audio device", my computer did update something last night but no sure what to do. does anyone know what to do to get this back. I use windows xp.

Thanks

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Hi,

I need help, suddenly today my computer has lost its sound, when i click on sounds and devices in the control panel it says "no audio device", my computer did update something last night but no sure what to do. does anyone know what to do to get this back. I use windows xp.

Thanks

Work out what sort of sound driver you have (it's usually on the main board these days). Go to that manufacturers web site and download the driver and then install it.

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
Work out what sort of sound driver you have (it's usually on the main board these days). Go to that manufacturers web site and download the driver and then install it.

ive looked in the computer and cannot see a manufacturer, is there any other way of finding out?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
have you tried switching it off then back on again?

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Ronan Keating or Michael Bolton will know they're the biggest computer nerd's I know.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
New one on me but then I know nothing about how computers work. However your computer should have a manufacturer's support site accessed from the start-up menu or via "favourites". Working your way from there you shouuld be able to sort out the software to download.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
While we are on the subject of computer problems, i have a new laptop, all the internet is working fine obviously, but when i try to sign into msn messenger it says the gateway is offline. Does anyone know how to turn it online, or how to get my msn running? probably an easy fix but im not great with laptops.
cheers!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
While we are on the subject of computer problems, i have a new laptop, all the internet is working fine obviously, but when i try to sign into msn messenger it says the gateway is offline. Does anyone know how to turn it online, or how to get my msn running? probably an easy fix but im not great with laptops.
cheers!

Check their FAQs, sounds like you might have a firewall issue.

chidgull

Apr 29, 2006
for audio devices, try looking at Start / settings/ control panel/ sound speech audio devices/ , to see the manufacturer etc............

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
for audio devices, try looking at Start / settings/ control panel/ sound speech audio devices/ , to see the manufacturer etc............

FTR I sent that on a PM a while ago.

Ronan Keating or Michael Bolton will know they're the biggest computer nerd's I know.

If they know why are you telling them? I think you may have some what misconscrewed the definition of computer nerd in your mind. Computer nerd and computer literate are two very differnet things. Reading Michael Bolton and Ronan Keating's posts, it's obvious they are computer literate because they're not born out of hill billy burberry wearing fast food enthusiast like yourself. You however are the former, a computer nerd because you live through things like this forum and Soccer AM. It's worth noting that only computer nerds call others computer nerds to protect their own crippling insecurites. Maybe you should take good look around you and see what you've got left after you've cut people off. Come back and start insulting people when you've shaved the hair from you chinni chin chin and let someone in (emotionally)

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
If they know why are you telling them? I think you may have some what misconscrewed the definition of computer nerd in your mind. Computer nerd and computer literate are two very differnet things. Reading Michael Bolton and Ronan Keating's posts, it's obvious they are computer literate because they're not born out of hill billy burberry wearing fast food enthusiast like yourself. You however are the former, a computer nerd because you live through things like this forum and Soccer AM. It's worth noting that only computer nerds call others computer nerds to protect their own crippling insecurites. Maybe you should take good look around you and see what you've got left after you've cut people off. Come back and start insulting people when you've shaved the hair from you chinni chin chin and let someone in (emotionally)
Did you register on here just so you can have a pop at everyone ? I saw your comments on the Oasis v The Beatles thread, and now your doing it on this one too. I doubt you even support the Albion !

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Oh dear.

How sad :down:

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008

If michael Bolton and Ronan Keating are such good mates, why did you tell somone I know you need to get new mates and you can't wait until college is over?

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Did you register on here just so you can have a pop at everyone ? I saw your comments on the Oasis v The Beatles thread, and now your doing it on this one too. I doubt you even support the Albion !
He knows the people he's having a pop at but hasn't got the balls to say he has a problem with them to there face. He's very sly and doesn't like anyone who has a different view to his own. He can only be right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here