Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tears

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'm getting irritated with these endless shots of fans crying as their team gets relegated.

FFS - does it really bring you to tears? Leeds, for instance, have been relegated fairly regularly. You think they'd be used to it.

I like to think I'm as passionate about the Albion as any of them but I don't cry when we get relegated. I genuinely think they just do it to get on telly because they know that's what TV directors are looking for.

Bring back the days when relegation meant a firm manly clap on the back from your mate and smashing up a railway carriage on the way home.

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
I have to admit I cried at Plymouth when we realised that other results had gone our way, and we were promoted from third to second division.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
have to say, it is annoying when you see fans crying when their team has just missed out on WINNING the league (like when Arsenal threw it away a couple of seasons ago. That really pisses me off! They don't know how lucky they are!

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Football's brought me to tears on more than one occasion - and if we'd lost at Hereford, I don't doubt that that would have been another occasion.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Football's brought me to tears on more than one occasion - and if we'd lost at Hereford, I don't doubt that that would have been another occasion.

yes, but that would have been a real reason to blub your eyes out and i would have joined you.
missing out on WINNING the PREMIERSHIP is NOT!!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
i agree its kind of fashionable on sky over the last 5 years or so

thought the guy blubbing his eyes out to 'abide with me' (southampton fan) was hilarious though

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Silver flying chariot said:
yeah but no offence you are female. Most of them cry watching eastenders!!!!

I am also female but I never cry watching Eastenders - I often have an overwhelming urge to shoot myself though.:lolol: I cried when we were relegated so I think it is reasonable for Leeds fans to cry.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Re: Re: Tears

Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Oh yeah, I really wish those days were back. Prick.

I'd hoped you might have had your irony detector switched on. Obviously not.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Spicy said:
I am also female but I never cry watching Eastenders - I often have an overwhelming urge to shoot myself though.:lolol

I know what you mean there Spicy! I didn't cry when we were relegated, I seem to rememeber being gutted for about a month afterwards then slowly accepting it and starting to look forward about getting promoted again. Thinking about the Goldstone does make me cry and I think the first game at Falmer will probably have me shedding a few tears, realising that the whole nightmare really is over.

Terrace Dandy

Banned
Mar 19, 2004
crasher said:
I'm getting irritated with these endless shots of fans crying as their team gets relegated.

FFS - does it really bring you to tears? Leeds, for instance, have been relegated fairly regularly. You think they'd be used to it.

I like to think I'm as passionate about the Albion as any of them but I don't cry when we get relegated. I genuinely think they just do it to get on telly because they know that's what TV directors are looking for.

Bring back the days when relegation meant a firm manly clap on the back from your mate and smashing up a railway carriage on the way home.

When we was in the old first division between 79-83, I went to watch the mighty Albion at white hart lane in the 83 season. We took 4,000 and the atmosphere was second to none. I was a young lad then and when Michael Robinson scored our winner I cried. I knew then that I was in love with the albion. It's not sad, Football is some peoples life's and some not.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Football is just a game. I am sick and tired of seeing pictures of fans blubing because they have dropped a division (especiallly if they are from Yorkshire).

Get over it, you tried and failed, did any Leeds fans give a damn when we went down last year ? I bet most don't even know we exist.

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
I've seen Posh relegated three times, it's sickening not tear-jerking.

And I was absolutely gutted when we missed promotion to the old second division on goal difference in the 70s.

I didn't realise how gutted until Mick Halsall lifted the play-off trophy at Wembley and Posh were into the first division for the first time in their history - I wept.

Terrace Dandy

Banned
Mar 19, 2004
Soton Seagull said:
I couldn't beleive that Leeds fans were laying flowers at their ground today. FFS, get a life!

Some brighton fans might be laying flowers if we get the knock back for Falmer.

Will you say that about fellow seagull fans?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Re: Re: Tears

Terrace Dandy said:
When we was in the old first division between 79-83, I went to watch the mighty Albion at white hart lane in the 83 season. We took 4,000 and the atmosphere was second to none. I was a young lad then and when Michael Robinson scored our winner I cried. I knew then that I was in love with the albion. It's not sad, Football is some peoples life's and some not.

I was there, but I had to keep a lid on it as I was with a mate who supports the Front Wheels & we were in the shelf!

I can confirm that it was a fantastic sight seeing the Albion fans go balistic when Robbo netted right in front of them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here