Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tearing Burnley a new one.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It'll be a much that nobody will be at, with nothing on it, at the end of a season that no-one cares about anymore (unless there is something on it).

I doubt if even the players will be there.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Think we could expect the kids and a lot of reserves in the starting eleven. Probably same for Burnley. Could be a fun match with a lot of goals and little care for the result.

Burnley have had every excuse since the lockdown to take things easy and relax. It hasn't happened yet.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Burnley have had every excuse since the lockdown to take things easy and relax. It hasn't happened yet.

It never happens really does it? Why would Dyche send out a team to lose? And why would be play our kids? (Who presumably aren't even training atm).

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Hopefully the 4 academy players start who have been with the first team squad.

Ryan; Lamptey, Roberts, Dunk, Cochrane; Stephens, Jenks, Richards; March, Connolly, Trossard

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It never happens really does it? Why would Dyche send out a team to lose? And why would be play our kids? (Who presumably aren't even training atm).

It is pretty common to give a couple of kids the chance in the last games, if you have the opportunity. Good way to see them in action and to give them a chewing bone.

And of course I'm only thinking of the ones (Roberts, Richards and Cochrane.. and Jenks?) training with the squad. Could easily see all three of them getting minutes if they have been training well.

Perhaps less likely for Burnley since they have a bit more to play for.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Ain't going to happen and you know it.
Neither team will even bother leaving their respective halves of the pitch, so a goal will have to come from the halfway line.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Can't see anyone tearing anything on Sunday. Can't help thinking I'll be watching the cricket.

Does it get any more uninspiring in the Prem than a final game of the season away at Turf Moor, behind closed doors, in mid-summer, with nothing to play for for either team? :lol:

Still, at least it is with nothing to play for!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just show our game from last season and everyone can go on holiday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am so pissed off that there is nothing resting on this game, much rather it was a last chance saloon to stay in the PL :rolleyes:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Button

Montoya---Roberts---Duffy---Cochrane

Jenks---Stephens---Richards

Connolly---Murray---March

Subs : Steele, 8 others

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
‘Tis about time we beat Burnley. Our last win (2-0) was in 2013, since then we’ve played them eight times, drawing six and losing two. On record this has got the makings of an incredibly exciting 0-0 jobbie. Yay! :O

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
This got me thinking about when I've seen Brighton play the Clarets. My earliest memory was losing on Boxing Day and a full back scoring a long range goal. Checked it out and it was 26th December 1992. You beat us 3-0 with Nogan scoring twice and Crumplin presumably the full back with the goal? We signed Nogan later in his career, good forward.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm going away this weekend and don't think I can even be arsed trying to find anywhere to watch this

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We will lose 1-0 in a truly shit game.

Chris Wood will accidentally break the jaw of one of our players in a crap areal challenge, which the ginger dalek "didn't see".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here