Subs:
Rents
Butters
Thomson
Robinson
Gatting

Yoda

English & European
only the 3 players not doing what was asked of them???? Try 11...

Harsh I believe, just a collective off day all round, but for me Thomson's display was the most abject of the lot. We seriously need to win this game so lets take the game to them and attack.

Kuipers
Whing
Elphick- Quality prospect though looks tired
Butters
Mayo - only as Richards is unfit and Rents isn't good enough
Robinson
Racon
Martot
Westlake
Forster
Murray

Cox - Out the team as he can't cross and deadballs are hopeless
Thomson - how many holding midfield players do we need, not convinced
Rents?
Lynch - if fit
Gatting?

From the report I got from the dug out, Murray would have come off if it wasn't for others being totally knackered and us chasing the game, and Wilkins was livid with Racon first half and most the second half for not pushing their midfield back.

Yes the other's weren't much better. The only one I would give any praise to is Cox. Yes his corners were shocking but he was the only one to show any desire & heart during the whole game.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Kuipers

Whing
Elphick
Lynch
Mayo

Martot
Racon
Westlake
Cox

Forster
Murray

Subs:
Rents
Butters
Thomson
Robinson
Gatting

I think you have got it spot on there mate :thumbsup:

Thomson has been out of form (bar a few matches) since he joined us, so dropping him in favour of Martot will do no harm.

I would also like to see Wilkins bring Robinson on a bit earlier this time if things aren't going to plan. He causes tired defences more problems than any other player I can think of.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
He changed the game against Cheltenham at home. He was the one player drove us forward in the last 15 mins.

And I thought he looked more threatening than anyone else (bar Cox) against Vale.

Gareth24

Mar 19, 2008
In what way in the past few games? He didnt do anything against Port Vale or Forest for starters

Id disagree with port vale as he got on the ball and gave whing some ammo for late crosses.

I think abit of fresh legs with jake may be ideal for tuesday.

Could even play a 4-3-3 with jake and coxy making it a 4-5-1 whilst defending.

We do counter well with their pace and could free us up a bit.

Kuipers

Mayo
Lynch
Elphick
Whing

Racon
Thomson
Westlake

Robinson
Cox

Forster

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
trouble is if you play robinson on the left then you leave mayo even more exposed, with is a problem. he looks good with somebody who can defend infront of him, but take that away and he can be a liability. and i really wouldnt want to see cox on the left, as since he has come back in wide on the right he has played his best stuff of the season

Gareth24

Mar 19, 2008
trouble is if you play robinson on the left then you leave mayo even more exposed, with is a problem. he looks good with somebody who can defend infront of him, but take that away and he can be a liability. and i really wouldnt want to see cox on the left, as since he has come back in wide on the right he has played his best stuff of the season

Id disagree to be honest, Not with the cox business but i'd say that both right and left backs were left in the shit on sat and we were outnumbered evrytime and picked apart because of this.

Cos hasnt been on the right hes been at the top of a diamond but i would like to see a solid 3 in the middle on tuesday. I think that could benefit us for this game.

And then the pace of jake and cox for counter attacks westlake can join aswell leaving racon and thomson sitting infront of the defense. Jakes vastly improved his tracking back and westlake didnt look greatly comfortable on the left of a diamond and id like to see him tuck into the left of a midfield 3

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Id disagree to be honest, Not with the cox business but i'd say that both right and left backs were left in the shit on sat and we were outnumbered evrytime and picked apart because of this.

Cos hasnt been on the right hes been at the top of a diamond but i would like to see a solid 3 in the middle on tuesday. I think that could benefit us for this game.

And then the pace of jake and cox for counter attacks westlake can join aswell leaving racon and thomson sitting infront of the defense. Jakes vastly improved his tracking back and westlake didnt look greatly comfortable on the left of a diamond and id like to see him tuck into the left of a midfield 3

if the full backs have been picked apart in a home game against the side bottom of the table, then i hate to think what is going to happen when we come up against a side away from home on a good run who are above us

cox played the entire game wide right at walsall, and i thought he had his best game of the season. it was in similar circumstances as well to that which we will face on tuesday - going away to a team we have to beat, as opposed to settling for a point ala leeds or forest

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
4-4-2 please.

I hate the f***ing diamond. If we are going to try to WIN, then we'd be as well playing Ann Diamond

Gareth24

Mar 19, 2008
if the full backs have been picked apart in a home game against the side bottom of the table, then i hate to think what is going to happen when we come up against a side away from home on a good run who are above us

cox played the entire game wide right at walsall, and i thought he had his best game of the season. it was in similar circumstances as well to that which we will face on tuesday - going away to a team we have to beat, as opposed to settling for a point ala leeds or forest

I agree with you it is must win, but playing 4-4-2 doesnt make it more attacking then playing a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 we will have so much pace on tuesday and like it or not they will have a lot of the ball so playing that way could benfit us massively leaving westlake more comfortable and letting racon get in more advance areas where he can pass all day.

I think that its a good formation and also murray is looking so leggy at the moment that jakes pace may be a good choice.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I don't really care who plays, HOWEVER if no one makes a tackle and we LET their team run at us continuously again there must be hell to pay.

Saturday was a joke as not one person in the entire team was prepared to make a challenge on any of their players until they were trying to clear a shot that had come off the wood work.

Racon has to get stuck in more as he was no more influential than loft on saturday........

Remember contracts are up for grabs and we have proven with the 100 grand bid for Levin that we are up for improvements. I will be very interested to see who is ACTUALLY offered a new deal if we play like that again.:rolleyes:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
4-4-2 please.

I hate the f***ing diamond. If we are going to try to WIN, then we'd be as well playing Ann Diamond

Very true, the diamond formation allows the opponents too much room to play in midfield.

Simply because we have a very small squad in terms of quality and nobody better to bring in other than Butters for Lynch, who had a stinker, I believe that we will have to start with the same 11 who started againt PV.

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
Kuipers

Whing
Elphick
Lynch
Mayo

Cox
Westlake
Racon
Robinson

Murray
Forster

that has to be our best team, especially as we need to WIN. Lets go at them from the start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here