Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Palace

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I'd like to see Vincelot in our midfield to bring some stability, not a match where we can afford to give the ball away.

Ankergren

Calderon
Greer
Dunk
Painter

Bridcutt
Vincelot
Harley

Noone

CMS
Barnes

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Normal team. Probably Harley back in, don't think Vicente will start.

Only tough one is Noone/LuaLua, I think Kazenga has looked much sharper in his recent appearances and played well against Leeds, whereas Noone was quiet. But he was probably feeling the Liverpool game.

I'd like to see Vincelot in our midfield to bring some stability, not a match where we can afford to give the ball away.
Games he played in midfield he gave the ball away more than anyone.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I'm not sure about Harley tonight. His defensive side and tracking back hasn't been great and we can't afford to carry a player tonight. Our full backs will need cover too as their wingers are quick and skillful. We should be better in midfield than them

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd be happier to play a 4-3-3 tonight. An entire first half with LuaLua just standing there wouldn't help. Noone as the winger with Harley as the playmaker and Bridcutt and Dicker behind him. I hope Dicker has a good game as i am starting to lose a little faith in him. It seems the opposition see him as a potential weakspot and pressurise him knowing that he hasn't the pace to chase back when losing the ball. He's extremely talented, but has to start acting at a lightning speed to avoid being bumrushed. I love the guy and hope to all the heavens that he'll have a blinder and keep his form up from there.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm not sure about Harley tonight. His defensive side and tracking back hasn't been great and we can't afford to carry a player tonight. Our full backs will need cover too as their wingers are quick and skillful. We should be better in midfield than them
I don't think we should worry too much about Palace simpy because it's a derby - if we can play our normal game against Liverpool, Sunderland, Cardiff, Leicester, we can play it against Palace.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not nearly as much as Dicker does though.

Yeah, Dicker is rubbish on the ball. :jester:

I would be extremely attacking and try and get them right from the start. I think Gus might be a bit cleverer than that though and play the narrow midfield he has adopted so often. I think Noone, LuaLua and Hoskins will be the impact subs and this lot will start the game;

Ankergren
Calderon
Painter
Greer
Dunk
Bridcutt
Dicker
Harley
Vicente
Barnes
Mackail-Smith

Solid, but also very attacking and we'd have an actual set piece taker on the pitch. I still find it amazing that Greer is yet to score for us.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Myself
Calderon Greer Dunk Vincelot
Navarro Bridcutt
Barnes Vicente Noone
CMS​

Subs: Anybody any good in goal?, Painter, Harley, LuaLua, Hoskins

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I'd be happier to play a 4-3-3 tonight. An entire first half with LuaLua just standing there wouldn't help. Noone as the winger with Harley as the playmaker and Bridcutt and Dicker behind him. I hope Dicker has a good game as i am starting to lose a little faith in him. It seems the opposition see him as a potential weakspot and pressurise him knowing that he hasn't the pace to chase back when losing the ball. He's extremely talented, but has to start acting at a lightning speed to avoid being bumrushed. I love the guy and hope to all the heavens that he'll have a blinder and keep his form up from there.

One slip from Dicker and those dog-pummellers will be upon him.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Well Dicker was playing in those games and Vincelot gave it away more :shrug:

I don't know, maybe I'm seeing things, it's just that as much as I love Dicker, he does seem to get us into trouble sometimes defensively. On a couple of occasions he's been too slow to make a pass, closed down and lost the ball, resulting in the opposition scoring or nearly scoring. My point was that from when I've seen him play, I feel Vincelot gives us more in defensive terms and in controlling the midfield. Dicker can be brilliant on his day, but often goes missing for large parts of the game when it's not his day.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
One slip from Dicker and those dog-pummellers will be upon him.
He has brilliant qualities on the ball however sometimes he is caught faffing around with the ball, I can understand why people would lose a little bit of faith in him sometimes due to this but on his day he has outstanding vision and fantastic quality on the ball. Does worry me sometimes though we he does those pirouettes with the ball, and occasionally it costs us dearly but I guess if he didn't do that he wouldn't be playing for us.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
----------Ankergran--------

Calderon-Greer-Dunk-Painter

------Bridcutt-Navarro-----

Barnes--Vicente--Lua Lua--
----------CMS------------

Subs: Brez; Vincelot; Dicker; Noone; Hoskins

Really like the way Bridcutt and Navarro complement each other and will let the front 4 do their thing. Dicker will want too much time on the ball in a game where they will press us from the first minute

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Ankergren

Calderon
Dunk
Greer
Vincelot

Noone
Bridcutt
Vincente
Lua Lua

Barnes
Mackail-Smith

Subs:
Painter
Dicker
Hoskins
Harley
Brezovan

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't think we should worry too much about Palace simpy because it's a derby - if we can play our normal game against Liverpool, Sunderland, Cardiff, Leicester, we can play it against Palace.

Gus tailors the team to the opposition though. We don't start the same XI week in week out because some of our players, formations are more suited to certain teams than others.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Anks, Calde, Greer, Dunk, Painter, Bridcutt, Vince or Dicker, Harley, Noone, Barnes, CMS

subs - Cook, Vicente, Hoskins, Lua Lua, Navarro or Vince

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here