astrand99

Hertford Gull
May 3, 2009
Hertford
Ankergren
Calderon
Greer
Dunk
Vincelot (assuming Taricco is suspended!)
Lua Lua
Noone
Bridcutt
Navarro
Paynter or Barnes
CMS

Subs
Paynter or Barnes
Buckley
Vicente (last 20 cameo)
Harley
Sparrow

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Pity we haven't got another option for the Navs role it stands out as weak for me

I'd start Buckley not KLL - he's not looked the part at all imo ... his time will come

Think I'd start Vicente and sacrifice Noone (unsure tho ... given I doubt he's up for 90 min's)

Where's Hoskins?

Send Harley out on loan if anyone will have him

Last edited:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i thought navarro was quite good against barnsley

id go

ankergren
calderon greer dunk painter
noone bridcutt navarro buckley
paynter cms

hoskins
lua lua
brez
vincelot
vicente

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You may want to think again - No GK or defensive cover on bench!

I think that is a weak team and too attacking with not enough defensive covering.

I would play Painter at left back and Vincelot or El Abd alongside of Bridcut and also start Buckley instead of either Noone or Lua Lua.

So my answer to the OP would be Please Gus DONT start that team. and please please dont pick Navarro he is too slow, cannot tackle and stops us moving forward quickly.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think that is a weak team and too attacking with not enough defensive covering.

I would play Painter at left back and Vincelot or El Abd alongside of Bridcut and also start Buckley instead of either Noone or Lua Lua.

So my answer to the OP would be Please Gus DONT start that team. and please please dont pick Navarro he is too slow, cannot tackle and stops us moving forward quickly.

Seriously, what is it with people thinking El-Abd can play a holding role in midfield !

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Seriously, what is it with people thinking El-Abd can play a holding role in midfield !

This, Bridcutt needs to play the holding role as he is not attacking enough. Either Bridcutt sits deep or we have to loose a winger or striker to accomodate him which is costing us going forward. We are ok defensively but need to get creating opportunities to score

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Vicente and Buckley to start if possible, definitely what we need to play forward instead of backwards/sideways and compliment Bridcutt allowing him to sit in front of defence.

Would start CMS obviously, alongside paynter over barnes, but they've both been very lackluster for me recently.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Ankergren

Calderon
Greer
Dunk
Painter

Noone
Bridcutt
Sparrow
Buckley

Paynter
CMS

Subs: Brezovan, Vincelot, LuaLua, Vicente, Barnes

This. Apart from Vincelot for Painter.

If Gus has Noone and Buckley on at the same time, I'll be a happy man.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
May be alone here but seems to me like he's getting increasing dodgy with his arms ... dunno but it worries me

Not alone at all - his lack of pace in this division is causing all end of issues, and like any defender with a lack of pace (see messrs Carragher, Terry, Campbell in his later incarnation) he resorts to using his arms to unfairly stop opponents.

More worrying for me is his inability to play a ball down the outside - very bizzare considering he's left footed.

A good stalwart in League One but not up to it for the upper echelons of the Championship.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

Totally agree, he played the role ok under previous managers but certainly not upto the required standard of the Championship. It would do him more harm than good to play in CM, let him fight for his place at CB. With Greer 1 yellow card from a ban and Dunk 2 yellows away from a 2 game ban he's going to get back into the team soon anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here