Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Blackburn tomorrow night

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Depending if Ulloa has his international clearance sorted then I would like to see..

TK

Calderon
Greer
El Abd
Bridge

Bridcutt

Buckley Hammond Orlandi

Ulloa CMS

With out Ulloa I'd like to see

TK

Calderon
Greer
El Abd
Bridge

Lopez Bridcutt Hammond

Buckley Orlandi
CMS

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Kuszczak

Calde
Greer
El-Abd
Bridge

Bridcutt
Hammond

Barnes
Lopez
Orlandi

Ulloa

Subs:
Casper
Dunk
Crofts/Dicker
Vicente
Buckley
LuaLua
Hoskins (Hoskins to start if Ulloa not available)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kuszczak
Calderon Greer El-Abd Bridge
Bridcutt Hammond
David Barnes Orlandi
Mackail-Smith​

Subs; Ankergren, Dunk, Dicker, Vicente, Buckley, LuaLua, Ulloa.

No need to rush Ulloa, or Warren Aspinall who I think needs a couple more days to get used to the name. Crofts and Dicker you'd could flip a coin to determine which should cover on the bench.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuszczak

Calde
Greer
El-Abd
Bridge

Bridcutt
Hammond

Barnes
Lopez
Orlandi

Ulloa

Subs:
Casper
Dunk
Crofts/Dicker
Vicente
Buckley
LuaLua
Hoskins (Hoskins to start if Ulloa not available)

Dunk won't be on the bench or anywhere near Blackburn. I wonder if Vincelot will be in the squad?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
----------------- Kuszczak ------------------
Calderon --- Greer ----- El Abd ----- Bridge
------------------ Bridcutt -------------------
--------- Hammond ----- Orlandi -----------
-- Buckley --------- CMS -------- Vicente --

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Barnes has scored 2 in 2. Still people are determined to drop him. Ain't gonna happen.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
None of these will happen but:
Ulloa in, Macca out
Dunk in, Greer out
JFC in, Calderon out

Tom
David Dunk El-Abd Bridge
Hammond Briductt JFC
Barnes Ulloa Orlandi

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
--------- Hammond ------------ Orlandi -------
-- Buckley --------- Ulloa --- Vicente --

It's now official. We have too many good players. Can't believe my team leaves out our 2 goalscorers from saturday both of whom played well.

PG

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
--------- Hammond ------------ Orlandi -------
-- Buckley --------- Ulloa --- Vicente --

It's now official. We have too many good players. Can't believe my team leaves out our 2 goalscorers from saturday both of whom played well.

PG

Is that your opinion of our strongest team, or the best team to play Blackburn away on a cold, bitter, night in the north?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Vicente won't start. One I doubt he's fit enough to start and 2 probably terrible playing conditions in freezing temperatures is just asking for another injury..

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Judging by how Blackburn's defence didn't cope with Kermorgant on Saturday I'd say Ulloa in would be sensible presuming we have clearance and he is match fit.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Is that your opinion of our strongest team, or the best team to play Blackburn away on a cold, bitter, night in the north?

Both. Pitch has undersoil and Vicente etc are probably better off running around from the start rather than freezing on the bench. I am a fan of both Barnes and David but I think this team can outclass Rovers. If Ulloa is not available, I would go with Barnes up top to do the job he did against Derby.

PG

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Standard back 6

Hammond
Orlandi
Dave
Buckley

Barnes

... tbf can't decide between Buckley and Ulloa but can see Gus chucking him in at the deep end

Vicente to get 30 mins given he's nailed on to start against Arsenal (gulp!)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Both. Pitch has undersoil and Vicente etc are probably better off running around from the start rather than freezing on the bench. I am a fan of both Barnes and David but I think this team can outclass Rovers. If Ulloa is not available, I would go with Barnes up top to do the job he did against Derby.

PG

All sounds perfectly reasonable to me, but I suspect Gus will be a bit more conservative. I would like Ulloa to get a run before the Arsenal game, but considering the problems Blackburn had with Yann Kermogant (I can't type or say his name without thinking of the "Total Eclipse of the Heart" parody video!), I think Mackail-Smith could do them real damage to wear them down and then throw on Ulloa and Vicente on late on to finish them off, if required.

I like that there is a debate about our best team now. A few years ago it was obvious who the best team was and who would play when fit. Now, there's more to the story.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Pole

Calderon
Greer
El Abd
Bridge

Barnes
Hammond
Bridcutt
Orlandi
Lopez

Ulloa

Tough choice with regard to Barnes, but he's scored in the last 2 games and you hope he might go on a bit of a run, but Buckley does give us more penetration and width. I'm half leaving Buckley on the bench with an eye on Saturday. CMS was again disappointing at St Andrews, his link up play and holding the ball was poor. I'd bring Ulloa straight in if he gets his clearance.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Barnes has scored 2 in 2. Still people are determined to drop him. Ain't gonna happen.

He had one of his better games Saturday as well. He does look a lot better when he is allowed to get further forward. If Ulloa is not available, I'd stick Barnes up top, and bring Buckley in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here