Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
Ankergren

Calde
Greer
Elph
Painter

Bennett
Kish/Bridcutt (depending on Kish's fitness)
Sparrow
LuaLua

Muzza
Franz

Subs:
Walker
El-Abd
Cook
Kish/Bridcutt (whichever one doesn't start)
Dicker
Smith
Barnes

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
Ankergren

Calderon Elphick Greer Painter

Bennett Kishichev Sparrow LuaLua

Murray Sandaza

We would stuff the franchise with this team i feel!

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
--------------Casper----------------

Inigo----Greer-------Elphick-----Painter

----------------Kish------------------

--------Dicker--------Sparrow---------

Bennett------------------------LuaLua

--------------Sandaza----------------

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Really is a big game looking at where they are in the league. A win would be a huge boost to the team and fans, and would certainly make a few of the teams near the top look over their shoulder a bit. I think Gus will set us up not to lose though and so think he'll start with the 4-5-1

FFF

Apr 3, 2010

Ankergren

Calderon - Greer - Elphick - Painter

Bennett - Sparrow - Kishishev - LuaLua

Murray - Sandaza

I think they are our best 11 players.

It will be interesting to see if Gus sticks to the formation we have been playing all season. And if he does, it would not surprise me to see Bridcutt start in front of the defence with Sandaza starting on the bench.

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
I think they are our best 11 players.

It will be interesting to see if Gus sticks to the formation we have been playing all season. And if he does, it would not surprise me to see Bridcutt start in front of the defence with Sandaza starting on the bench.

Sandaza is not here to sit on the bench, He will be first choice striker

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It would be harsh to drop Dicker on recent form. He has to be close to our best player since he got in the starting eleven

But Bridcutt was possibly the best player in the orient game. We really have got incredible strength in depth in midfield.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It really is about time we beat the MK Dongs.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not sure whether we should "play our own game" and go 4-4-2 or play it cagey to counteract MK's playing style - flood midfield and put a man on Hamman all the time to disrupt their passing play - therefore 4-5-1.

Weighing it up I think it makes sense to go all out to dominate with a 5 man midfield and with Sparrow back we can do that and still retain a significant cutting edge.

Ankergren

Calderon
Elphick
Greer
Painter

Bennett
Kishishev
Sparrow
Bridcutt
LuaLua

Murray

subs: Walker, Smith, El Abd, Dicker, Barnes, Sandaza, Battipiedi or Baz

Last edited:

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
With Lua Lua and Bennet in that "5 man Midfield" it very quickly becomes a 4-3-3 formation

Sandaza is not here to sit on the bench, He will be first choice striker
Sorry to piss on your fireworks but it seems as if some clueless foreign manager chappy disagrees.

Spanish striker Fran Sandaza might have got out of the habit of taking a siesta during his time in Scotland.

But Gus Poyet reckons his new frontman could need an afternoon nap as he adapts to work on the south coast.

The former Valencia reserve, who found a niche up at Dundee United, got his first taste of action for the Seagulls in a 1-1 friendly draw behind closed doors at Reading on Tuesday.

He apparently showed signs of settling in, though it was Argentinian wideman Cristian Baz who produced the Latin fireworks with a goal from a free-kick.

Poyet seemed to suggest Sandaza had a decent chance of starting this Saturday’s game against MK Dons when he spoke after last Wednesday’s desperately flat Johnstone’s Paint Trophy exit to Leyton Orient.

But he admits it has been a testing first week for his new hitman.

The Albion manager said: “He got through 45 minutes and it was the first time he played in the system we played. He needs to learn quickly.

“He is getting there with the fitness. I think it’s a totally different pace of the game here.

“The way we train is totally different to what he has been used to.

“But he is getting there. I’m sure he is sleeping well in the afternoon and at night because it has been quite hard for him.”

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
--------------Casper----------------

Inigo----Greer-------Elphick-----Painter

----------------Kish------------------

--------Dicker--------Sparrow---------

Bennett------------------------LuaLua

--------------Sandaza----------------

SPOT. ON. glad to see somebody else has been paying attention

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here