Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team of the week - Do they make it up?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I hate to state the obvious, but yes, yes they do make it up.

You sound surprised.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good grief, Tommy has changed positions - how versatile

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Isn't it the case that they just name...

1 * 'keeper
4 * defenders
4 * midfielders
2 * strikers

and that is their 'team'? I don't think the intention is to name a positionally accurate and finely balanced 4-4-2. I mean what if the team of the week was visiting Withdean tonight - I'd imagine they'd want to go 4-5-1 and just how the devil would that work?

Sep 1, 2010
Ha i noticed that, Right back now apparently, and Edna, not really in terms of national newspapers, but i have seen several poor items on this site, and coming from what is supposedto be the 'Official' Football League website, i think it is piss poor. I E-Mailed them several weeks back asking why the failed to even mention Brighton in a preview and response i got a something like 'It is hard to tell who is going to be the front runners at this stage of the season so we picked matches we thought were significant' What a load of old shit. How about previewing/reviewing all of the games FFS

Sep 1, 2010
Isn't it the case that they just name...

1 * 'keeper
4 * defenders
4 * midfielders
2 * strikers

and that is their 'team'? I don't think the intention is to name a positionally accurate and finely balanced 4-4-2. I mean what if the team of the week was visiting Withdean tonight - I'd imagine they'd want to go 4-5-1 and just how the devil would that work?

They do base on 4-4-2 but ido not see how they cannot name the best person in the relevent position from 12 games

astill86

Nov 3, 2009
Haywards Heath
They do base on 4-4-2 but ido not see how they cannot name the best person in the relevent position from 12 games

Not as bad as when Murray was in the team of the week earlier in the season. They placed him on left midfield, so I don't think they spend too much time researching these things by the look of it.

Sep 1, 2010
Not as bad as when Murray was in the team of the week earlier in the season. They placed him on left midfield, so I don't think they spend too much time researching these things by the look of it.

The whole set up is just very very poor. Why bother if it going to be that bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here