Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

team news 4 2moro

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Brighton v Norwich
Brighton are likely to stick with the same team that drew 0-0 with Leicester.
Richard Carpenter is training again but is not yet ready and the only selection dilemma is whether to pick Colin Kazim-Richards or Jake Robinson.

Norwich's on-loan striker Kevin Lisbie should return to the line-up in place of head injury victim Dean Ashton.

With strikers Leon McKenzie (ankle) and Peter Thorne (knee) ruled out, Darren Huckerby will probably start alongside Lisbie in attack.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
we should play

----------------------Henderson--------------------------
----Hart------McShane-------Butters--------Reid-----
----Carole------Nicolas-----Hammond----Jarrett----
------------Kazim-Richards------Knight----------------

IMO:thumbsup:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Woody the Seagull said:
we should play

Not sure the point of moving Reid to left back, when we have a left footed left back fit in Mayo.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
"BRING ON THE FRENCHMAN!, BRING ON THE FRENCHMAN!"

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Woody the Seagull said:
FFS they have been playing there together recently and haven't done badly, have they?!

Well we have won one of those games.

Reid at left back and Hart at right back has had a very make shift, come stop gap feel to it. Reid has virtually no left foot and so at times has slowed us down going forward when he tries to get the ball on to his right.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Uncle Buck said:
At which point did I say you could have no opinion?

All I did was question that, gave reasons why I questioned it and did not belittle or insult.

If you want everyone to be nice and agree with you, then maybe Brightonfans will be more your bag?

do u do this to everyone else who comes up with an idea for our starting 11?! beginning to think this is reprecussions from the other day. the fact is, i think reid and hart do well in those positions and even with a non-existent left foot, reid is a better option than mayo IMO. this is what i think because it just looks a better team to me. FFS

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Woody the Seagull said:
we should play

I think Reid to RB, Mayo to LB. As much as i would like Nicolas to play i think MM will play Oatway.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'd like us to persist with Mayo. I'm very much one for playing playes in position even if they aren't necessarily the better all round player. It brings balance and shape to the side, with a right footer at right back we look very lop-sided.

Therefore

Henderson

Mayo
Butters
McShane
Reid

Jarret
Hammond
Nicholas
Carole

Knight
Colin Kazim-Richards

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Woody the Seagull said:
do u do this to everyone else who comes up with an idea for our starting 11?! beginning to think this is reprecussions from the other day. the fact is, i think reid and hart do well in those positions and even with a non-existent left foot, reid is a better option than mayo IMO. this is what i think because it just looks a better team to me. FFS

Nope, I think you are taking it a bit too personally.

As I said I questioned the logic of playing a right footer at left back and gave my reasons.

It seems that toys are flying because I questioned what you had said.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I too like players in their favoured position whenever possible, but Mayo v Huckaby looks like a one horse race. Case of beggars cant we chosers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here