Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Wolves - 18.09.24 League Cup

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Delighted to see Peupion and Duffus in particular in that line up. It's a shame for Turns not to be out playing first team football, but maybe 6 months of training at the Albion and captaining the u21/u23s will better suit his development.
Ed Turns turns (!) 22 in a month and already has around 2500 minutes of EFL football. He is not going to get a lot from playing in the U21s, its too much of a step backwards. I think the only reason he's not on loan is because he was probably injured during the xfer window or pre-season. Unfortunate situation for him and I expect him to leave (on loan but wouldn't rule out permanently) in January.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Ed Turns turns (!) 22 in a month and already has around 2500 minutes of EFL football. He is not going to get a lot from playing in the U21s, its too much of a step backwards. I think the only reason he's not on loan is because he was probably injured during the xfer window or pre-season. Unfortunate situation for him and I expect him to leave (on loan but wouldn't rule out permanently) in January.
Not all paths to success are linear. Viktor Gyokeres has changed my world view! I do believe that it's possible playing for our u21s/u23s and training at our Elite complex might have a more positive impact on him than being at a lower league club. Every player is different. At this point, I think it's unlikely he's going to be a player for us but he could have a good career in the game and I hope he does turn out to be a late bloomer like Gyokeres. Maybe the right deal wasn't available in the summer but will be in January, alternatively he could spend the full season here.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Indeed, I can only assume he is still with us because he was apparently recovering from injury during pre-season. His presence in the squad now is only going to restrict the opportunities for the likes of Freddie Simmonds, Jacob Vickers and Charlie Penman (and for that reason I can't imagine he'll be a frequent starter for the U-21s for the rest of this calendar year).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here