-----Mooy --------Trossard
------------Maupay

Button, Webster, Stephens, March, Gross, Connolly, Murray

Bissouma in to do a man marking job on Grealish
Duffy just gets the nod over Webster
Alzate has easily done enough to start.
Ali J unlucky to drop out of the 18

Never.

March hasn't played for some time, is not match fit and hasn't done as much all season as AJ has managed in 3 games. Bissouma and Alzate are too green to play together for a big game, at least from the start. We will need some cool calm combative midfielders to stamp some authority, so either/or, not both.

Having said that, we all know jack shit and will no doubt be surprised come 2pm Sat!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I personally don’t think you can play Connolly and maupay together at the same time...they are the same type of player and both want to play their type of game.

I would be more inclined to play maupay and aj up front with Bernardo in midfield when at home.

Gives us more attacking options.

Be very interesting how we set up against villa next week.

6-0 now BTW

Lol. We beat spurs and arsenal like that.

We MUST have maupay and connolly and 4-4-2z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Alzate should start. No point playing Stephens if he doesn't mark Grealish and he was nowhere near their danger man Bernard yesterday. Everton had loads of space between our midfield and back 3 and always thought this was Stephens strength. Maybe it's his legs, maybe he's not asked to do this by Potter. We just have to stop Grealish. Someone said Bissouma could man mark him which sounds good but I don't think he's disciplined enough and gives away soft free kicks which Grealish is the master of getting. The more I think about it, let's just batter them!

Also hope they don't make any outfield signings this week to give them any kind of boost. Not that Drinkwater did today!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ryan; Montoya, Webster, Dunk, Bernardo; Propper, Alzate; Trossard, Mooy, March; Maupay

Subs: Button, Schelotto, Duffy, Bissouma, Jahanbakhsh, Murray, Connolly

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
One way to stop Grealish is for Man Utd or City to sign him next week.

Maybe he'll not be too interested in getting injured if the deal isn't quite over the line either.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Connolly was rested from the squad entirely for Everton, so logically that surely suggest GP has plans for him vs Villa.

So Connolly in. After that in true Potter fashion it could be any system/line up.

Hopefully Dale is left back.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I personally don’t think you can play Connolly and maupay together at the same time...they are the same type of player and both want to play their type of game.

I would be more inclined to play maupay and aj up front with Bernardo in midfield when at home.

Gives us more attacking options.

Be very interesting how we set up against villa next week.

6-0 now BTW

Damn really... for me we have looked at our best with Maupay and Connelly in tandem. I would play them both all the time.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don't usually agree with man marking but I think there is an argument for it here.

There is a good chance Villa will start 4-4-1-1 with Grealish behind a single striker in a roving role.

If we are going to do it, then we could play 3 at the back and use the spare centre back, most likely Webster to do the job. Pity we didn't recall Ben White. He looks terrific at anticipating a pass and nipping in and taking it from the striker

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
For the first time in a very long time my team will not include Stephens this combined with a complete curve ball selection will finally secure me a correct team selection v Villa , this will be the team 100% , P{robably :mad:

Ryan
Schelotto
Webster
Duffy
Dunk
Alzate
Propper
Mooy
Bernardo
Trossard
Connolly

Subs Button Murray Montoya Maupay Stephens Ali J Balogun

Score 3-0 Trossard-Mooy-Alzate . Bookings Alzate- Webster , / Mings -Grealish . 55%-45% Possesion . Shots on target 6 - 2 Off target 9 -6 Att 30,405 .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ryan

Webster, Dunk, Duffy, Bernardo

Pröpper, Alzate

Mooy

Ali J, Maupay, Connolly

I'm with you, Webster on the right, effectively replacing Burn in our formation I think Potter likes to have three big central defenders for when we're defending, which morphs to a back four when we attack. With Burn out he went to 5-3-2 at Everton, but it didn't work and we finished the game with this formation of Webster on the right.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
........................Ryan
Montoya - Dunk - Duffy - Bernardo
.........Propper ........ Alzate
... Maupay .... Mooy .... Trossard
..................... Murray

Button, Webster, Stephens, Groß, March, Jahanbakhsh, Connolly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here