Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Tranmere

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Errr, No!

Or do you think that if you write it in CAPITALS it might actually be true?

Ok I was wrong, he isn't suspended. I was under the impression that he was.

So with that in mind, of course El-Abd starts.

Also when I write my team down, I don't do it from my point of view. I do it from the way I think Wilkins will pick it.

I see you like playing the smart ARSE (The caps do make it true on this occasion)

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I see you like playing the smart ARSE (The caps do make it true on this occasion)

No, not really, I was just surprised that you listed Mayo (regardless of whether El-Abd is available or not) considering the management team have barely seen him fit to even be on the bench as cover for his preferred left-back position for most of this season yet you would have him start him in midfield.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
As i'm sure you are well aware the midfield selection is not great at the moment.
I was just trying to pick someone who has played in that position before.

Believe me, I would be the first one to grumble about Mayo playing in the centre of the park.

But given the current injury problems, it surely would have been better to have him play there. Rather than completely move someone out of position?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
As i'm sure you are well aware the midfield selection is not great at the moment.
I was just trying to pick someone who has played in that position before.

Believe me, I would be the first one to grumble about Mayo playing in the centre of the park.

But given the current injury problems, it surely would have been better to have him play there. Rather than completely move someone out of position?

Fair play, but I really wouldn't trust Mayo there now. We need a ball player and someone who can pass. And that aint Mayo (bless 'im).

Assuming El-Abd wasn't available what do folks think of moving Cox into the middle, Jakey on the left (where I think he is more dangerous) and Bowditch on the right?

Something like this -

-------------Kuipers-----------
Whing Butters Elphick Richards
Bowditch Cox Thomson Robinson
---------Murray Forster----------

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England

Looks great to me but I think it would be played as a diamond, with Thomo at the back and Coxy up front right behind the front pair. I like Robinson on the left. I would just swap Butters and Elphick round and be quite happy with that. If El-Abd is available then he definitely deserves his place in central midfield.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton

I like the look of that, there is a nice balance in that midfield.

But it would mean reverting to a diamond type formation.

It would be nice to see Coxy in full flow as an attacking midfielder, without having to cut inside from the left the whole time.

I feel the diamond would work better now than before. Thomson seems like the kind of player that would keep the midfield together in terms of shape, allowing Coxy more freedom to attack.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I like the look of that, there is a nice balance in that midfield.

But it would mean reverting to a diamond type formation.

It would be nice to see Coxy in full flow as an attacking midfielder, without having to cut inside from the left the whole time.

I feel the diamond would work better now than before. Thomson seems like the kind of player that would keep the midfield together in terms of shape, allowing Coxy more freedom to attack.

Can't see Cox winning many headers in there though, can you?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
kuipers

whing
el abd
elphick
richards

bowditch
thompson
cox

robinson/ or drop fraser in middle next thompson