Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for tonight?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
hope for strong team but can't really see it. I don't think we will be concentrating on the cups too much this year.

Would expect to see senior players who played at Crawley, ie sparrow etc but not vicente or lua lua and possibly not barnes who is our only experienced recognised forward. Have doubts about Greer playing if the Argus are correct re injury niggles and will he use it as a fitness exercise for Paynter?

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
hope for strong team but can't really see it. I don't think we will be concentrating on the cups too much this year.

Would expect to see senior players who played at Crawley, ie sparrow etc but not vicente or lua lua and possibly not barnes who is our only experienced recognised forward. Have doubts about Greer playing if the Argus are correct re injury niggles and will he use it as a fitness exercise for Paynter?

Please tell me we haven't signed Billy :D

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'm sure Gus has done his research and will pick the right team :albion:

Hopefully, I reckon that team will be:

Kuszczak
Bruno ~ El-Abd ~ Greer ~ Bridge
Dicker ~ Bridcutt ~ Harley
Noone ~ Barnes ~ Agdestein

With Vicente, Lualua, Sparrow, etc on the bench.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Brez

Calde
Dunk
El-Abd
Painter - hoping Bridge though

Bridcutt
Dicker
Harley
Sparrow
Noone

Toby

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Brez

Calde
Dunk
El-Abd
Painter - hoping Bridge though

Bridcutt
Dicker
Harley
Sparrow
Noone

Toby

I'm struggling to think of a weaker team without delving into the development squad :lolol:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I'm struggling to think of a weaker team without delving into the development squad :lolol:

Haha, just think he'll want to avoid any injuries to certain players and will treat this as the last warm up game for the season. The Development Squad will make up the bench :smile:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Kuszczak
Bruno Dunk Greer Calderon
Sparrow Bridcutt Dicker
Noone Barnes Toby

is my guess

good starting XI although I think Bridge might start. I would have liked to see us play Vicente alongside Barnes as in the Chelsea game but maybe a risk too far ahead of the first league match- Swindon aren't opposed to a physical element to their game as well as playing some pretty decent and very attacking football. I guess if Greer was hinting at a niggling injury he might be excusing himself against his former fans so elAbd might start instead

I think Kaz might be on the bench plus Calde and Anks but for the rest I'm expecting a few DS lads - maybe Rodgers, Barker, Sampayo and either Dickenson or even Oatway as he has been in hot form

D

Deleted member 18477

quite up for getting knocked out. dont want the league cup ruining the title race.... :O

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Kuszczak

Bruno
El-Abd
Greer (c)
Calderon

Sparrow
Bridcutt
Dicker