Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for tonight?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm hoping Gus takes it seriously and puts out the best team but I'm expecting the normal cup team of fringe players plus three or four normal first teamers. Has he indicated what he plans to do?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I'm hoping Gus takes it seriously and puts out the best team but I'm expecting the normal cup team of fringe players plus three or four normal first teamers. Has he indicated what he plans to do?

He might put a decent team out being on the telly box :shrug:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Part of the issue is the limitations placed on him by injuries. He can't play a full strength first team even if he wanted to, the players just aren't available.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Kuszczak
Bruno Dunk Greer Calderon
Sparrow Bridcutt Dicker
Noone Barnes Toby

is my guess

Last edited:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Gus has said he will put out a full strength team tonight. Interestingly the Argus is suggesting Adgestein will start in view of the injuries to Lua Lua, Buckley, CMS & Hoskins.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I expect Wayne Bridge to play, Craig Noone to play in Will Buckley's role. Roughly the team that finished the match against Chelsea with LuaLua on the bench to start.

Just realised that Crofts is playing for Wales (or in the squad) so Sparrow looks the made to measure replacement.

Will Vicente play? probably as there is no understudy for him and to maintain the first choice style of play, he may be on from the start.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kuszczak
Bruno Greer El-Abd Bridge
Bridcutt Dicker Crofts
Vicente Noone
Barnes​

:albion: :albion: :albion:
I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy tonight. She may not.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Tomasz the Goalkeeper

Bruno~El-Abd~Greer~Bridge

Crofts~Bridcutt~Dicker

Noone~Barnes~Vicente​

Please Gus :)....Spazzer for Crofts if he's with Wales.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Swindon's pitch is PERFECT. Been relaid, all knitted together nicely with a healthy sprinkling of rain to make sure it's nice and moist under foot. It is a pitch perfect for Vicente, and El Dagger will follow in the footsteps of Fabio Capello and parade all over the County Ground turf. :thumbsup:

If anyone is interested, Swindon's right back Paul Caddis is likely not to play. He's been stripped of the captaincy and has had a bit of a falling out with Paolo by all accounts. He's their only real right back, they have a youth teamer who plays there and might play against us tonight. Craig Noone would have the run of him, I have great faith in our majestic nippy winger. Navarro is a good player but stop Vicente? Not so sure. Could he cope with Crofts' and Sparrow's running from midfield?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Kuszczak
Bruno--Dunk--El-Abd--Calderon
Dicker--Bridcutt--Vicente
Noone--Barnes--Adgestein

Would be my bet. Vicente to drop deeper to replace Crofts, Adgestein to replace him across the front 3, Calderon to start at left back with Bridge to come on after 60 (or vice versa).

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Swindon's pitch is PERFECT. Been relaid, all knitted together nicely with a healthy sprinkling of rain to make sure it's nice and moist under foot. It is a pitch perfect for Vicente, and El Dagger will follow in the footsteps of Fabio Capello and parade all over the County Ground turf. :thumbsup:

If anyone is interested, Swindon's right back Paul Caddis is likely not to play. He's been stripped of the captaincy and has had a bit of a falling out with Paolo by all accounts. He's their only real right back, they have a youth teamer who plays there and might play against us tonight. Craig Noone would have the run of him, I have great faith in our majestic nippy winger. Navarro is a good player but stop Vicente? Not so sure. Could he cope with Crofts' and Sparrow's running from midfield?

Yeah saw that. It was on twitter as Caddis having a "bust up with the ever combustible Di Canio". Their loss is our gain tonight though!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I've got a horrible dealing that we'll get firmly beaten. We have so many players out including Crofts on international duty- not that it matters, would be glad to get out of the COC early doors.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I saw a newspaper hint somehwere that Lualua may be on from the start. This is just giving information to the opposition. Or to give their right back kittens?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yeah saw that. It was on twitter as Caddis having a "bust up with the ever combustible Di Canio". Their loss is our gain tonight though!

I agree with that. It should be to our advantage. I hear a lot about the goings on at Swindon and a lot about the individual players, and Caddis is mentioned an awful lot and in the game I saw at the County Ground last season, he looked very good. Very attacking, good crosser of the ball and despite being a midget he was strong in the tackle too. Him being out is good news. I hope they don't use Gary Roberts on the wing, he's done us a lot of damage down the years and he's the only player of theirs I think we need to be wary of. Matt Ritchie is reasonable on the other side too, but Bruno and Bridge would have no problems with them I don't think.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I saw a newspaper hint somehwere that Lualua may be on from the start. This is just giving information to the opposition. Or to give their right back kittens?

LuaLua vs a youth teamer without much first team experience/Centre back covering the position.
:drool: :drool: :drool:

PLEASE GUS!!! :albion: :albion: :albion: LUALUA MUST play. He would cause them an outrageous amount of damage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here