GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Stockdale

Calde - Greer - Hughes - Chicksen

Ince

Bruno (March) - JFC - KLL

CMS COG

Cant see March, Toko or Teixara starting if fitness/sharpness is an issue but would expect all 3 on the bench if fit (plus Dunk,Kemy, Walton)

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Praying that Toko and Teixera are fit..

---------------------Stockdale----------------------------
---Bruno--------Dunk---------Greer---------Calde-------
-----------------Ince----------Toko----------------------
----------------------------------------------------------
-----------Texeira-------------------LuaLua--------------
--------------------O'Grady-------------------------------
---------------------------------CMS---------------------

Subs: Walton, March (?), Chicksen, Harris, JFC, Fenelon, Hughes

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stockdale

Bruno~Greer~Hughes~Calderon

Ince~Toko~Caskey

Mackail-Smith~O'Grady~Lualua​

Subs: whoever is left

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
is toko and march fit enough to start?

stockdale
Bruno Greer. dunk. chicken
ince. toko
JFC (jao Carlos on for 30 mins)
Lua Lua march
CMS

if toko and march available

scooter1

How soon is now?
In the absence of Crofts and Stephens, I think Hyppia will go with Kemy. Otherwise we have a central midfield totally lacking creativity. I know that he's not set the world alight, but Kemy has an eye for a decent pass, and I'd also go with both CMS and COG up front. I don't think the team needs both Ince and Toko holding, so I suspect Toko will be on the bench. No JFC for me, I just haven't seem him perform yet. At LB I'd go with Chicksen, because it's his natural position, as opposed to playing a RB out of position. Bruno in midfield, no thanks. He has creativity, but he doesn't work hard enough to be a midfielder. I've never set out a whole team, so here goes:
Stockdale

Bruno/Calderon
Greer
Dunk
Chicksen

Ince
KLL
Agustein
Bruno/JFC - despite not really wanting to pick either, and thinking that the new guy might be a little under prepared

COG
CMS

I feel like I've forgotten somebody, but the fact that I can't think who means perhaps I haven't..

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
We know that SH likes to play 4-3-2-1 - If March is fit he will play, I would also think as it's away from home and we lost our first game, Sami will want to get his first points on the board so I'm expecting Ince and Toko to play together. I would also expect to see the loan kid to be on the bench, coming on from the 60th min to help him get used to our system.

The question then is whether to start with Kemy in place of Crofts & Stephens. It's a tough one for Sami to answer, it might be Kemy's last chance to impress before we bring someone else in.

So I'm expecting to see something like this:

Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Hughes
Calderon

Ince
Toko
Agustien

March/Forster Caskey
CMS/Fenelon

O'Grady

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What a god awful team that is compared to last season. Agustien starting? Just give them the 3 points now.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
My team for tomorrow would be:

13. David Stockdale
14. Iñigo Calderon 3. Gordon Greer (c) 4. Aaron Hughes 15. Adam Chicksen
24. Rohan Ince 28. Nzuzi Toko
18. Jake Forster-Caskey 10. Kemy Agustein 00. João Carlos Teixeira
12. Craig Mackail-Smith​

Subs: 31. Christian Walton, 2. Bruno, 5. Lewis Dunk, 29. Charlie Harris, 25. Kazenga Lualua, 23. Shamir Fenelon, 11. Chris O'Grady.

A bit different I know, but i think we need to win the midfield battle. If we can do that i think Kemy will flourish. We'd rely a lot on Chicksen and Calde offering width and maybe Teixeira drifting wide, but i think it could work.

I would play Chicksen also, just cannot understand all the hysteria about him, he's fast, doesn't allow people around him and can be physical when needed, lets give the guy some game time!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I would play Chicksen also, just cannot understand all the hysteria about him, he's fast, doesn't allow people around him and can be physical when needed, lets give the guy some game time!

I wouldn't go as far as to say there's any hysteria about him, just that people don't think he's good enough. Nothing like a bit of sensationalism to make a point eh.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Assuming fitness of both March and Toko I'd go with:-

Stockdale

Bruno Greer Hughes Calderon
Ince
Toko March
Lualua O'Grady Teixeira

However I doubt Tex will start and March or Toko will be fit so CMS for Tex, JFC for March and Kemy for Toko is likely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here