Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for the Palace game (take your boots just in case)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Olise worries me. He looks a handful, like Zaha, but without constantly being on the blob.

I could be disastrously tempting fate here but I'd hope that Cucurella will be significantly better at stopping Olise cutting inside onto his left foot. I'd imagine he'd get more support too.

It is very annoying that Palace seem to have hit with all their attacking signings this season - Gallagher, Olise, Eze and Edouard all look varying shades of good to very good players. I was really looking forward to them having a terrible season as they transitioned form Hodgson's dire park the bus stuff to normal football. Those signings have rather ruined that dream.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Being reported that Mwepu is out

https://www.online-betting.me.uk/injuries/english-premier-league-injuries-and-suspensions
Albion Injury List.PNG

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I could be disastrously tempting fate here but I'd hope that Cucurella will be significantly better at stopping Olise cutting inside onto his left foot. I'd imagine he'd get more support too.

It is very annoying that Palace seem to have hit with all their attacking signings this season - Gallagher, Olise, Eze and Edouard all look varying shades of good to very good players. I was really looking forward to them having a terrible season as they transitioned form Hodgson's dire park the bus stuff to normal football. Those signings have rather ruined that dream.

Agree Depends if Dunk and Webster are fit. What you dont want is Burn at left sided CB spending time out wide marking Olise. That is why prefer Cucurella at LB when he can give priority to defensive duties and get forward when he can.
Sanchez
Lampty Dunk plus 1 Cucurella
Moder Lalana March
Macalister
Maupay Trossaard

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Sanchez

Lamptey
Webster
Burn
Cucurella

Lallana
MacAllister
Moder

Trossard
Welbeck
Maupay

Subs:
Scherpen
Duffy
Veltman
Roberts
Caicedo
Gross
Alzate
March
Ferguson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Big bad Bob, King of the high balls
———-
TariQQQQ (as GPott would say)
Webbo
Velters
Cucu
———-
Cuba in a Skoda
The Dalai
Solly, not Solly
———-
El Ginge Messi
———-
Trossbar
Monsieur Merde de Maison

CBs chosen specifically for this game - namely Crippled have pace upfront, as opposed to BDB having to do a man-marking job on an all elbows cruiser weight striker. Cuba in a Skoda to keep the blonde Chelsea lad on a very short leash (at least that’s the plan).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bumping this …deserves to be ahead of all those political threads…having missed last season as no fans were allowed, I’m looking forward to Friday night even more so than normal….hoping for a cracking atmosphere and a hard fought win!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Sanchez
Veltman Duffy Webster Cucurella
Moder Lallana MacAllister
Lamptey Maupay Trossard

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sanchez
Veltman Duffy Webster Cucurella
Moder Lallana MacAllister
Lamptey Maupay Trossard

I like this, and think that we'll continue to play a back four given how well it's gone of late. Tough to leave out Burn though, and think we might see Welbeck, so I'll plump for this with Tross in the 'false nine' and/or rotating with Maupay:

------------------------ Sanchez ------------------------
Lamptey ---- Webster ----- Burn ----- Cucurella
-------- Moder ------- Lallana --- Mac Allister ----
---------------------- Trossard --------------------------
------ Maupay -------------------- Welbeck ----------

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sanchez
Veltman-Duffy-Webster
Lamptey-Lallana--Moder-Cucurella