Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

team for stoke

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we go to Stoke and win, imagine what that would do for our self belief. What is the point of going with a second string team and losing mindset, as well as 3000 fans travelling 200 miles just to lose.

If we win on Saturday then the cup will only bring a further max of 3 games, and who knows what may happen. It is possible to do the "double" you know, and Gus will keep the focus on the league.

Could be six matches, with replays, but fair enough, we know that's not going to happen - no third tier side has ever reached the final, and only a handful have ever got to the semis. No reason not to go for glory, though - hope Gus puts out his strongest team.

Unfortunately, I don't think Stoke will field anything but their finest - they'll be relishing the chance of going all the way, and as they're pretty much safe from relegation, they're more likely to put out a weaker side at Arsenal, where they're not likely to get much change anyway.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think who we play up front may depend on the injury to wood, if he is is going to be out for a long time it may be Sandaza and Barnes - Gus may not want to risk Murray as he is the only striker who can play the lone role up front if needs be.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think we have got a chance at Stoke so we need to play a strong team. I would play Brezovan and Elphick as they have played all the cup games. I would also shore up the team with an extra central midfielder and play our tallest players to try to combat Stoke's set pieces so Greer and Wood would play instead of El Abd and Barnes.

Brezovan
Calderon
Greer
Elphick
Painter
Bridcutt
Kishishev (or Sparrow if not fit)
Dicker
Bennett
Murray
Wood (or Barnes if not fit)

Subs: Ankergren, El Abd, Taricco, Sparrow, Battipiedi, Barnes, Sandaza

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
i think we can beat stoke, there a big strong team so it wont be easy but with our passing game im sure we can get a result. id play brez in goal and tommy at the back because of the height.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here