NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
...................... James

Johnson ... Dawson ... Terry ... A Cole

...................... Barry

J Cole ............. Lampard .......... Gerrard

.......... Defoe ................. Crouch

I have no idea if that would be my team or not, I just wanted to be different.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
---------------------James------------------------

---Johnson-----Terry----------Upson-------A.Cole--

---------Lampard------------Barry----------------

Rooney--------------Gerrard-----------------J.Cole

-----------------------Defoe------------------------

Rooney, Gerrard and Joe Cole to continually switch positions. Barry, Lampard to get the ball to them as quick as possible and let them RAMPAGE at the Slovenian defence. defoe to stay up top and to use his pace to get in behind the defence and to finish anything in the penalty box.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
4-3-3

James
Johnson Terry Dawson A Cole
Barry Gerrard Carrick
Rooney Crouch Wright-Philips

This has Barry playing on the right side of midfield even though he is left-footed. Wright-Philips is an out and out left winger, even though he is right footed. Carrick is essential.

Last edited:

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
James
A Cole, Terry, Upson, Johnson
J Cole, Barry, Lampard, Milner
Gerrard
Rooney

I would've preferred Green still in goal but he won't get a look in again now, James will be better in later rounds if any games go to pens.
Lennon should not start but be used as our first substitute around the 60min mark when teams tire as his pace will destroy defences then.
Milner is still our best crosser of the ball at present apart from J Cole.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Could we see:

James

A Cole
Upson
Dawson
Johnson

J Cole
Gerrard
Barry
Lennon

Crouch
Defoe

?

There are stories in the papers today that JT is an unsettling influence and that he did that press conference without the backing of the players and Capello doesn't like his authority being challenged.

Reports are that Rooney is being a prima donna, acting like it is his team and he is one of the three best players at the competition without actually having done anything to prove it.

Lampard being dropped - well I just read Steve Howard's column in the sun which gave a good argument for dropping him because of his lack of late runs and all the confidence and skills he brings when playing for Chelsea that disappear when he puts the england shirt on.

Crouch only scores for England when he starts (which also happens to only seem to be against the smaller teams) so there should be no fear in starting him.

----------------------James-----------------------

------Johnson---------Terry---------Upson------------

----------------------Barry------------------------

---Milner-------Lampard-----Gerrard-------A.Cole--

---------------Crouch-----Rooney------------

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Could we see:

James

A Cole
Upson
Dawson
Johnson

J Cole
Gerrard
Barry
Lennon

Crouch
Defoe

?

There are stories in the papers today that JT is an unsettling influence and that he did that press conference without the backing of the players and Capello doesn't like his authority being challenged.

Reports are that Rooney is being a prima donna, acting like it is his team and he is one of the three best players at the competition without actually having done anything to prove it.

Lampard being dropped - well I just read Steve Howard's column in the sun which gave a good argument for dropping him because of his lack of late runs and all the confidence and skills he brings when playing for Chelsea that disappear when he puts the england shirt on.

Crouch only scores for England when he starts (which also happens to only seem to be against the smaller teams) so there should be no fear in starting him.

If thats true and Fab doesnt leave I cant see Terry being in many more squads.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Could we see:

I would drop Lampard in a 4-3-3 system because he duplicates the role of Gerrard.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I am beyond caring - but can we just get rid of Heskey. Please. It is embarrassing.

Also Lampard. Sorry Frank - you are a nice bloke and all that - but it just is not working is it ? Really ? Unless you fancy a go at right-back ?

And thank f*** Carragher is out. That has saved that decision. It was a mistake Jamie. Should not have called - just enjoy the rest of your holiday.

I don't like to single people out - but these three will do for a start.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
May I suggest:

Coco the Clown

Jeremy Beadle Barry Elliot Paul Eilliot (Aka the Chuckle Brothers) Delia Smith

Graham Norton Amanda Holden Prince William Susan Boyle

Stephen Hawking Henry Kelly

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
James
A Cole, Terry, Upson, Johnson
J Cole, Barry, Lampard, Milner
Gerrard
Rooney

Lennon should not start but be used as our first substitute around the 60min mark when teams tire as his pace will destroy defences then.
Milner is still our best crosser of the ball at present apart from J Cole.

Maybe Dawson for Upson, I think Dawson is the better player but Upson is more experienced so that's a difficult call. Otherwise I really like the look of that. Spot on with the Lennon comment as well. Unfortunately I can't see Capello adopting this, he's a dinosaur stuck in the past with his 4 4 2 formation, and he's too stubborn to change even if it isn't working.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Terry is a stalking horse, disguising the real agitator in the ranks. Goodbye Lampard, perhaps!? Nice bloke ???

Revised team:

4-3-3

James
Johnson Upson Dawson Warnock
Barry Gerrard Carrick
Rooney Crouch Wright-Philips

This has Barry playing on the right side of midfield even though he is left-footed. Wright-Philips is an out and out left winger, even though he is right footed. Carrick is essential.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can't believe so many of you include Lennon. He was BEYOND SHIT on Friday. Truly, truly woeful.

Excites people, looks good. You always think something will happen when he gets it. It never does.

Aaron Lennon = Jake Robinson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here