Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

team for sheff utd

Silent Bob said:
It would be good if we could get a bit more height in at the back.... have we got anyone though?

OGH competes very well in the air. Not sure if many of the Leeds goals came from missed headers, it was more stretching us with good passing, plus a few lucky ricochets.

I would keep the defence as it is, but I would love to see CKR get a start, although how I don't know, as the only one of our forward line who I think is a little vulnerable is Jarrett, and you can't play CKR on the left-wing.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
London Irish said:
OGH competes very well in the air. Not sure if many of the Leeds goals came from missed headers, it was more stretching us with good passing, plus a few lucky ricochets.

I would keep the defence as it is, but I would love to see CKR get a start, although how I don't know, as the only one of our forward line who I think is a little vulnerable is Jarrett, and you can't play CKR on the left-wing.

Leon Knight goes wide and CKR plays up the middle.

At the moment the only height for a cross is when Dean Hammond comes forward. Someone has got be occupied watching Kabba (hopefully better than watching) but I think we might need to retain possesssion a little bit better. And we can only play on one wing at the time. And better on the right (further away from Webber).

? Should Dean Hammond have scored? (I only expect one out two chances; next one!)

What happened when CKR came on? Did we retain the ball more?

? From the radio it seemed that there were lots of Leeds crosses were to the far post, perhaps trying to exploit Gary Hart's lack of height?

Stumpy Tim

Henderson
Hart McShane Butters Reid
Carole Carpenter Hammond Jarrett
Robinson Knight

Chaigneau, Mayo, Oatway, CKR , Frutos

I don't think you can change the team after the last two games. I don't see the logic of having both Oatway & Nicolas on the bench though. I would probably go with Oatway

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
perseus said:
Sheffield United are a darn site better team than Leeds.
Agreed, but our success at Leeds was apparently based on swift counter attacking against a side looking for a win after sustained pressure.

We look potent up front at the moment. More of the same please.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
United will score against us, whatever team we put out, so it has to make sense that we try and score at least the same as them and give their midfielders and defenders something to worry about with our pace up front. same team as leeds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here