Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
-------------- Poke---------------

Calderon - El Abd - Elphick - Painter

Bennet - Sparrow - Kishishev - Smith

----------Barnes - Holroyd----------

Subs.-everyone else.

:thumbsup: You know it makes sense.

Why would you drop Navarro? Why would you change the midfield that did so well against Sunderland and Aberdeen.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
----------------------Walker-------------------
--Calderon------Elphick--------El-Abd---------Painter

--------------------Navarro--------------------

---Bennett------------Sparrow--------------Smith

---------------Barnes ------Holroyd-------------

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Why would you drop Navarro? Why would you change the midfield that did so well against Sunderland and Aberdeen.

If you're going to take it that seriously, I think it will give us the best attacking options with what we have available. Nothing against Navarro.
Without Murray, I don't think we have anyone equipped to play lone striker.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Really can't see where the goals are coming from in the original team posted, which is the one I think we'll play. Im SO disappointed that we haven't signed a striker or winger this week, as I think with them we will have an excellent side. Without them I do worry a little.

Obviously we have Murray to come back but if we had to play the whole season with that team we would would finish mid-table. If we don't sign anyone today/ tomorrow a point would be an excellent result at Swindon.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Really can't see where the goals are coming from in the original team posted, which is the one I think we'll play. Im SO disappointed that we haven't signed a striker or winger this week, as I think with them we will have an excellent side. Without them I do worry a little.

Obviously we have Murray to come back but if we had to play the whole season with that team we would would finish mid-table. If we don't sign anyone today/ tomorrow a point would be an excellent result at Swindon.

Why do you not think Ashley Barnes will score?

HP Seagull

Sep 26, 2008
Why do you not think Ashley Barnes will score?

To be honest I was maybe a little bit hasty with my post. It was more born out of frustration with the fact that we haven't signed anyone so far this week and at the LuaLua situation.

I was really impressed with Barnes at the end of last season and hopefully he can recapture that form, as if he can he will score goals. He has looked a little off the pace, though, in the games that I have seen pre-season. Hopefully he will turn it on for Saturday. The left wing could be a bit of a problem too, as I think we need an out-and-out winger in a 4-5-1, which Smith is clearly not. I would probably play Baz there on Saturday as he gives more balance to the side with his left foot. We might even see another scissor kick attempt too!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
To be honest I was maybe a little bit hasty with my post. It was more born out of frustration with the fact that we haven't signed anyone so far this week and at the LuaLua situation.

I was really impressed with Barnes at the end of last season and hopefully he can recapture that form, as if he can he will score goals. He has looked a little off the pace, though, in the games that I have seen pre-season. Hopefully he will turn it on for Saturday. The left wing could be a bit of a problem too, as I think we need an out-and-out winger in a 4-5-1, which Smith is clearly not. I would probably play Baz there on Saturday as he gives more balance to the side with his left foot. We might even see another scissor kick attempt too!

Good post! I tend to agree. Would be good to see Baz starting. Let's hope Gus has some quality targets on the radar rather than last minute close of window panic buys!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do people not think that we have generally STRENGTHENED the side that came 5th in the second half of last season's form table? Or at least kept the quality level as strong?

As such, why are people thinking we will come below 8th? Genuine question.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
instantly writing off the careers of our 2 argentinians! nice positive attitude there gramps

Far from it. After watching them come on against Aberdeen I was exciyed by their play as anybody especially Baz and his scissor kick attempts on goal but I am not sure that if we are losing 1 - 0 that there is anybody on the bench as per the end of last season with either Murray or Forster to come on who could or would score either an equaliser and or a winner. I do not think that we have sufficient strength in depth at the moment which would explain why Poyet says we need 3 possibly 4 more players still.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And Mitch Walker! The guy is losing his marbles!

Is he first team standard yet? Simple answer he probably will be and will not let us down eventually but as yet he isnt ready at the moment. Being thrust into the limelight too soon could ruin him for the future, which is probaly why Poyet has signed Poke as cover for Brezovan.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The Argus say no new striker ahead of this game, so certainly Barnes as lone striker. Maybe we will have a new addition on the wing or elsewhere? WHo knows

HP Seagull

Sep 26, 2008
Do people not think that we have generally STRENGTHENED the side that came 5th in the second half of last season's form table? Or at least kept the quality level as strong?

As such, why are people thinking we will come below 8th? Genuine question.

I think we've strengthened the squad as a whole, and I'm not one of the doom merchants. However we have yet to replace LuaLua, to whom I attribute a fair bit of our success at the back end of last season. I also think we need another decent striker, then we will have an excellent League One team/ squad.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Well done Mendoza, you got the Argies aswell.

Anywone else? I'll give you a hug if you tell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here